Do You Remember My Tent Incident???

Thread: Do You Remember My Tent Incident???

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultDo You Remember My Tent Incident???

Remember last fall at our local USDAA agility trial when I set up my tent Friday and got to the show early Saturday to find that they (the club members) had taken down my tent and thrown it in the middle of the field?

Well, I just downloaded the premium list for their spring trial. They've added a new paragraph just for me ;D

Competitors may set up after 3:00 p.m on Friday afternoon, February 29. There will be no setup of competitors personal items, until LCDA has finished with the ring setup. If you setup before the scheduled time, LCDA reserves the right to move your belongings.

This just cracks me up. This group of people has to be the snottiest bunch on the planet. If the show weren't local and I didn't have such a good time there, I would never go back.

I plan on being up there at 2:30, and I will stand and look at my clock for half an hour :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Do You Remember My Tent Incident???

I hope for your sake that LCDA finishes with the ring setup before 3:00pm, otherwise, you're still screwed based on their language. :-\

We have kinda the same rule at agility shows. This encourages people to help with the set-up so they can set up their own stuff. We had alot of people that would voulunteer to help at shows and then spend the entire setup time putting up their own tents and not helping out the club. Of course if you aren't a club member and aren't getting paid to work...then you might want to just sit down in your chair with a nice drink and watch.

Kelly and Amber

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I am not a club member. They ran me out two years ago. They run out a lot of people who are good workers too. Go figure. It's a real little clique club. I will sit and watch them work. I also sit and watch them run the trial. I no longer volunteer at this trial.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I know around here a lot of the shows have times when you can come in and set up. If you do it before that time they will move your stuff.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

I remember he incident, but not the specifics. Most places around here would move set up stuff if it were "in the way." But if I remember right your stuff was not where the actual ring was going to be? And, they were not nice about it anyway

Without going into all over again, yes indeed, the Vice Pres. of the club told me I was okay to put my tent up. After 45 minutes of putting it up and securing it, another club member told me it could not be there. I told them the VP said it was okay. Next day, it was down and thrown in a heap in the field. Not nice. >

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian

Competitors may set up after 3:00 p.m on Friday afternoon, February 29. There will be no setup of competitors personal items, until LCDA has finished with the ring setup. If you setup before the scheduled time, LCDA reserves the right to move your belongings.
    ;D I love it!!! You go, girl!!!

Seriously, though...are you sure you want to go back after the last experience? They certainly weren't very nice to you or welcoming of those paying competitors in their trial. That entire thing ticked *me* off, and I wasn't even involved! LOL

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Yes, I'll go back. I really love this trial, it's the only USDAA trial I do, and we always do have fun. All of my students go as well. If I didn't enjoy it so much, I would've stopped going there several years ago