Thread: Am I Going To Have Time???

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultAm I Going To Have Time???

Yikes, I hate this.

Utility A -- 8:00 a.m.
    7, 53, 61, 72, 74, 79, 90 (I am #72)

Rally Excellent Walk Thru 8:00 - 8:10

Rally Excellent B -- 8:25
    42, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 59, 52, 60, 61 (I am #52)

I am going to be so rushed. Arrrrggggghhhhh. Any thoughts to help me not feel stressed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Am I Going To Have Time???

See if they can move you up in Utility and down to last in Rally. I would make sure I got my utilty run done first and if I didn't make rally ....... oh well, another donation made to the club.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

I think Utility is okay. I can go walk the Rally course quickly, come back and grab Ruger and do Utility, then run over to the other building for Rally Exe B. I'm also in Rally Adv B, but that is after Excellent and not conflicting with anything.

I guess I will just be rushed. It's not like we will Q in Utility, so maybe it will take the edge off me if I just rush through things and get it all over with quickly

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I think you'll be fine. You'll get it all done and over with.

Do you know why the rally walk thru is 8-8:10 but the class doesn't start until 8:25. That seems a little weird. Is there another class in between?

You can walk rally at 8, watch the 2nd UA dogs heeling pattern at ~8:07. You'll be in the UA ring at ~8:21. You won't be in rally until ~8:42. Tell the rally ring you have a conflict and they will just move you to the end if you aren't there in time. Rally will end around 8:46. They may still hold the class a few minutes as long as they know you are coming. When is the next class scheduled to start? Also let UA know you have a conflict in case they are running behind schedule. That way you can move to the end if you find you have to run rally before UA.

If you don't want to cut it that close than definitely see if you can move things around but moving to first in UA isn't going to help because it means you'll miss the rally walk thru (you could ask the rally judge if she'll let you have a separate walk thru but I haven't had a lot of luck with that request). I think your only options are first or last in class (at least that's what the judges have always told me when I have conflicts). It looks like both classes will end pretty close to the same time so moving to the end of UA won't help either.

~edited~ Hmmm...just saw that rally is in a different building. That makes things a little more challenging. We usually share a ring side between obedience and rally so it's easy to keep track of each ring. Is anyone going with you? Do you know anyone showing in either of the other classes? When I've had that type of situation before (I had conflicts with 8:00 classes in utility, agility, conformation 4 days straight last year), I asked friends with cell phones to keep me posted on the ring status and to let the stewards know how quickly I'd be at the ring. It worked fine. Nothing quite like running agility in a suit. :P

Lydia, I believe Rally Execellent A is first, that's why the start time is a bit later.

The building is right next door to the building we'll be in for Utility, it's not far, but I'll have to pay attention. I give the Utility ring preference though. I will let the Rally steward/judge know I'm in Utility and really want to show so wait for me please ;D

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I would do the Rally walk-thru and ask to be moved to the end since you have a conflict. Remember two years ago when I was running Caleb in Advanced, the walk-thru was while we were in the breed ring. They moved me to the very end. So, move to the end in Rally and run Utility nomral. Not too bad!

We're number 8--second team in each class.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Normally they have you in catalog order, don't they? I see #59 is before me (#52). Or maybe they do it by jump height now. I think that's it. I will ask to be moved to the end in the Rally class. We jump the highest height anyway so that won't be a hassle for the stewards.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Normally they have you in catalog order, don't they? I see #59 is before me (#52). Or maybe they do it by jump height now. I think that's it. I will ask to be moved to the end in the Rally class. We jump the highest height anyway so that won't be a hassle for the stewards.
    Yes, they should be according to jump height.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org