how did your dogs make your heart sing this year?

Thread: how did your dogs make your heart sing this year?

brody is offline Senior Member

Defaulthow did your dogs make your heart sing this year?

;D

just for fun ...

http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: how did your dogs make your heart sing this year?

Not sure what you are asking here.

Can't say they make my heart sing, but they sure make me happy and they don't have to do anything to do that

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

By making a marvelous recovery from his bilateral orthroscopic surgery to remove bone fragments from his elbows. All the ribbons are nice, of course, but nothing better than a healthy dog.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

kaytris is offline Senior Member

I'll answer this after January 27th with a q report.

brody is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    they sure make me happy and they don't have to do anything to do that
    Well thats true here too - and lots of the 2007 really did nothing except make me grin

I guess I was wondering what your highlights of life with your dogs were

tatyana - I bet that thrilled you to your core - I know it would be my highlight too

kaytris - the question was for 2007 - not 2008! hehehe

I should probably play too

Thea - life with Thea is all about singing hearts - she brings such tremendous joy to the world in a pint sized package ... a moment that will stick in my mind a long time is her first trial - she froze on the start line for a good 20 seconds then took off like she was on fire- and the crowd cheered her like she'd won some HUGE award ... (cause of course she'd made friends with 90% of the people there - and it was at a public park so there were loads of bodies)

Hank- dear Hank made hubby so proud learning to walk past cows and all kinds of country things off leash with very quick responses to him

Sally -simply surviving was pretty huge for Sally and therefore my heart but Sally learning to "wait" and her general enthusiasm for life and most specifically agility will make me smile for a very long time

Gus- everything Gus has accomplished in half a year ( including endearing herself to Kaytris) makes my heart sing... jumping, tunnels, learning to live with cats, travelling in a car, allowing herself to come and be caught - all are HUGE

Ibby - finding his way into a loving low stress forever home where he doens't have to bark or fuss to be loved is just incredible

Brody - I just realized today that Brody has 25 q's over 14 trials - I'm quite gobstopped by that ... it seems to me his q rate sucked but he's finished his starter titles and is running masters jumpers, has one advanced q under his belt - has qualified for CPE nationals so in a strictly competitive sense we have done tons. We have also had a blast at class, on the beach, playing with other dogs, doing our media gigs ... life with the brats is always an adventure and I'm looking forward to 2008 very much
    cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

Good thread!

Belle: She retired from competitive events this year when she earned her RAE title. That made 13 titles and 17 "sets of letters" for my "first ever" dog. She changed my life so completly I can not even begin to describe.

Kodi: She also earned her RAE and an SHR title this year. However best of all, with no previous training or exposure, she tracked a blood trial on a deer that I would not have otherwise found. She did her momma proud! (The "Tracker" in Belle's name (her mom) refers to the fact that she blood tracks wounded deer.

Edit to add: almost forgot this. A few months ago I was down at my neighbors house fo a few hours. I had just replaced the weather stripping on my front door. As I walked back up my driveway from Kath's house (about 1/4 mile) I noticed that my front door was open. Apparently I had not closed the door firmly enough and the wind had blown the door open shortly after I had left the house. There was Kodi sitting on the door step waiting for me to return home!

Hoss: He earned his SHR and JH titles. Proudest moment was when he passed a particularily difficult water series where many professionally trained dogs failed.

They are good dogs!

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Kona ........ getting his first UDX leg and going high combined at the Potomac!! (first time for that award also!!)

Bo ........... Many laughs and learning going on this first year!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Murray: Seeing him become more settled and confident in our trials (obedience and agility). Learning to run agilty for someone other than me and doing so well for my daughter. Watching him do what he was born to do...retrieve birds...gives me chills.

Essy: Watching her become an agility dog and Essy and my daughter become a competitive team. The highlight was watching them run the final Grand Prix course at the USDAA Nationals...the same course the "big dawgs" ran for money. Watching them work on obedience. Essy is such a showy dog it is poetry in motion when she is "on".

Cricket: Watching her come out of her shell and become a dog. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Home after a NYEve movie visit to a friend, so I'll answer properly:

Kaylie - every moment with her now is a blessing, as she is now somewhere around 13-14 years old, and starting to show her age - although she is in AMAZING condition with nothing more than stiffness on waking, and a bit of cloudiness in her eyes.

Tristan - he's just my buddy boy, and a big lug-love....his elbows are starting to slow him down more and more though.

Sophie - its a work in progress with her, but learning to work together as a team and harness that quick mind and athleticism has been both a challenge and a joy. Love watching her put all those foundation skills we've established into action - can't wait till we get in the ring proper. PLUS she's been an amazing 'therapy dog' for Gus, teaching her how to rough house and play, how to squeak a toy, and how to tug.

Gus - also a work in progress, but every baby step is amazing - she's playing with Soph nearly every day now, and I rarely have to break it up anymore. Life outside is still pretty scarey for her, but we're working hard on that...

patm is offline Senior Member

Of course, my dogs truely do make my heart sing every day as they greet me each time they see me as a long lost friend. But if you must get specific, I'll try to remember.....
    Skippy - for showing me that you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. I started working with him for Rally, and while he already knew sit, laydown, and stay (somewhat), he is learning the "heel" position, he does beautiful fronts without thinking about it (much better than Emilu's, because he loves to sit right in front of me and gaze adoringly at me!), and I was surprised when he learned the basics of the 2 finishes fairly quickly - this is something completely new that he had no reference for. He makes my heart sing by showing me everyday that I am his person, and he wants pretty much to just be with me, getting petted and laying by my side (unless he wants to nap on his bed of course!)

Emilu won 3 titles this year, so of course I am very proud of her for that. I love to see her learn something new, try different things that she already knows, and then gets down to the serious business of actually paying attention to what I am trying to teach her and getting the hang of it pretty darn quickly. But she truely made my heart sing this year by some things that she DIDN'T do. I can only remember one specific thing, but I know that I posted more of them thoughout the year. As most of you know, I started having trouble with her being dog aggressive , to the point where she was put on probation at our training club. After I started working on it, she came around pretty quickly, but I was SO proud of her when we were doing long sits, and the terrier next to her scooted away from her owner, and fell against Emilu and then layed down right on her feet. Emillu never moved a muscle! I could have kissed her right then and there (come to think of it, I did!). There were some other times when she showed me that she really was thinking about what she needed to do (or not do) and did it, but I can't remember the specific things right now.