Anyone have a starters snookers map?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a starters snookers map?

kaytris is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone have a starters snookers map?

can't find anything online....

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone have a starters snookers map?

I do but not online

I find they actually vary A LOT

the two patterns I have seen most in starters and advanced are 3 reds along the start line and one in a back corner or one in each corner basically

the 2-7 is nearly always a pretty straightforward loop or s curve - the trickiest I've seen was the one Brody Q'd in which had 4 changes of direction and a couple of trappy tunnel entrances (uh no wonder he was only q in both starters and advanced eh?)

I don't know how to draw here or if it's possible - so I'll use words for brody's last course

red red

3 tunnel 6b tunnel

2 tunnel

7 Aframe

4 teeter 6a jump

5ajump 5b jump

5c jump

5b jump

red red
    start line______________________________________________ ______________

with Brody I did the 7 twice and the 5 series once - he didn't have time to finish the aframe the last time but he had plenty of points

with Thea I did the 7 three times as the teeter is a show stopper for her - she did beautifully tho and ended up with the second most points in the class (29)

cheers

http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

yeah, the one map I have is for an advanced course.. which looks fairly tricky, having to loop back to the start line for the reds past some traps... hopefully starters won't have the traps...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thats the pain of snookers tho
    you nearly always have to run past something to get to where you want to be ....

which is why I think with miss confident sally snookers will be the toughest q in some ways - one nice thing about snookers tho is you don't see all the obstacles - the frame or the weaves seem to be the number 7 most often

teeter is usually 5 or 6 (Brody's very first run had the teeter at number 6 - so he did that twice)

the thing that kills Brody in snookers is the trend towards long jumping sequences labelled a, b, c one course we did lately had 3 abc combos ... he was only a point short but his ground speed is not the same as the girls ..so we were screwed

I ediited the course in the hopes it makes more sense

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Snooker's courses always change. I love snooker. It's a blast. Magnum and Ruger both do well at it. It's a real handler's game.

I LOVE snookers too

as I say Brody is very steady - we have never been eliminated in the game but often (well 3 times- we've only played 4) little things affected his speed and meant we were a point or two under

cheers

hopefully Soph will be stead too.. and the judge will stay WAY away LOL

The first, um make that only :P, time Thea ran snookers she was afraid of the judge calling the numbers

The first time brody ran snookers is the ONLY time he has ever noticed the judge ( she apologized for eating a hot pork sandwhich for lunch) but I just realized right this second that that would have been the first time he heard numbers being called in judges voice.. and more likely that is what distracted him - he ran right up to her - did his groundhog impression (you know the one I mean - when he stands right up on his hind legs and sniffs like mad) then raced back to me

We should practice calling out numbers in big not us voices when we are running I guess
    (man the learning curve is steep!)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Do you do Gamblers? They call out the numbers in Gamblers as well. Might want to do that one for the heck of it as well. I like Gamblers too

yah they do call numbers in gamblers too - Brody had his first experience with either class in the snookers ring tho

I enjoy gamblers too but Brody is a velcro dog so If I haven't worked hard on gamble type lines the week before the show he'll often peel back to me

Gambles is where brody being my first dog will really poke holes in his movement through the ranks.. he likes me to be in certain places for the teeter, weaves and dog walk and none of them involve being more then 5 feet away from the equipment

I'll retrain them in the spring and then try the next level of gamblers

(Actually Gamblers is one place where faith in your dog really pays - Brody has gotten the gamble in a few classes and every time he did I knew he could ...pretty much every time he didn't I thought he'd struggle)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast