Same old story
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same old story

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultSame old story

What a weekend! I actually got mad at Caleb this weekend. Not one go-out. Open was not that great but we did continue to score in the mid-190's but around there that isn't even close to good enough for placing. All weekend we had right turn fast and ever turn he was wide and ever fast he forged. I have never had him forge on a fast before! Ok, that's new. His fronts and finishes were better but back to bumping me with the bell.

Utility was not all that great either. Walked in some on the signals but the moving stand was ok. As I said not one go-out. I was so made that I came back to the booth and put him in his crate and left him there rather than allowing him to be the booth dog. Told him, too, I'm going to begin to look for a puppy. Part of it might be that since he's an "only dog" he knows that no matter what I'll continue to work with him and he's the center of it all when he gets home.

I withdrew from the Oakland shows. Maybe a month off will help. Our next shows will the the Charleston shows the end of January. We'll see if giving him some time off will help or if I really begin to look for a puppy.

So, as I mentioned Melissa, having Ruby come and visit for a while is mighty tempting.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Same old story

I so feel your fustration!! I'm sorry this weekend wasn't good. (((hugs)))
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry things didn't go well for you guys. Maybe some time off is just what Caleb needs. He's been showing and working very hard for you.

Try though I might, I too get mad at my dog. I hate it that I do, but I expect him to hold up his part of the "TEAM". So I don't blame you for getting mad at the boy. He didn't hold up his end of your team.

Looking forward to seeing you!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

What a bummer but I can sooooo relate. Time off will probably do you both some good. I wouldn't rush into the puppy thing unless this is something you've already been thinking about. You forget how much time they take up. I think the timing would be difficult when working on a UDX/OTCH.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry Susan. I can tell how frustrated you are by the tone of your message.

I'm sure some time off will help, and as I said before, perhaps some way of restraining him from coming in to you might help, and that would give a cause for him to receive praise.

We'll find out if Roo is preggers Jauary 5...so if not, a one way ticket to Auntie Susan is in order

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Susan, I'm sorry you had a bad weekend. Sometimes they just test our patience to the limit. I also get mad at Scotty once in a blue moon. Hopefully, a short break from competition will help.

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Sorry you had a bad weekend. I bet the time off from competition will do you both good. You have been competing just about every other weekend haven't you?
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belles mom
    You have been competing just about every other weekend haven't you?

Yes we have. I didn't work him yesterday or today but used him as a demo for a couple of things. My the attitude and wonderful fronts! We'll see. I keep reminding him that it also would mean that he and I would not be traveling together to shows for a weekend and the fun we usually have when it is just the two of us.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

labnpug is offline Senior Member

If Ali thinks I am unhappy with her she really starts dragging and then makes more mistakes. I am also wondering if you are asking too much of him right now mentally by trialing so much. It sounds like right now he is losing his competitive edge and that is usually a sign of stress or burnout. First I think a one month break would be good -- Dr. Chris Zink recommends that all dogs be given 1 month per year off from training/trialing. Second I would recommend just entering one day per weekend for a while and see how he does with that. Just some rambling thoughts while I wait for laundry so I can finish packing......
    Deb
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

patm is offline Senior Member

How does he do with his go-outs in practice? Is he usually right on, or is it hit and miss like in the ring?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast