info dog

Thread: info dog

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

Defaultinfo dog

Anyone use the infodog membership program? Is worth being a member? And if so have you had any problems with it? Can you enter any show or just MB-F show's?
    Alicia

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: info dog

I use infodog all the time to enter AKC shows. I'm not a member, but I've entered MB-F and non MB-F shows with no problems!
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Aren't their fees kind of high?

I usually just print the premium from the club's website and write a check to avoid the fee- the one show I did through infodog had a 25 fee on it.

Would being a member totally avoid that?
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Well, for our latest entry for the Oakland County show, the processing fees for a non-member were $14.00 ($3.50 per entry). At the bottom of my confirmation, it says that I would have saved $3.50 in processing fees if I were a Professional member, and $2.10 if I were a Deluxe member.

I used to do the same as you, Laura... print out the entry form and send a cheque in the mail, usually via ExpressPost (trackable and guaranteed delivery within 2 business days). That is, until CanadaPost delivered my ExpressPost envelope 14 days late, and I missed the show closing.

Would being a member totally avoid that?
    Nope, the only discounts to processing fees are if you're a deluxe or professional member, and then it's only 15% off (each entry = $2.98 instead of $3.50) and 25% off (each entry = $2.63 instead of $3.50) respectively.

If you join infodog, your fees are $5.95/month (standard), $7.95/month (deluxe) and $9.95/month (professional). I would have to enter at least 15 trials/month (deluxe) or 11 trials/month (professional) to make membership worthwhile to me and I just don't show that much!!

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom

I used to do the same as you, Laura... print out the entry form and send a cheque in the mail, usually via ExpressPost (trackable and guaranteed delivery within 2 business days). That is, until CanadaPost delivered my ExpressPost envelope 14 days late, and I missed the show closing.
    I'm really irritated with Postal Services in general right now so I can see why you would pay extra to do that. And they wonder why UPS is kicking their butt.

<br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

For me (who doesn't enter a ton of shows), the processing fee to do it online is worth the peace of mind.

imported_MilesMom is offline Senior Member

If you have bad handwriting, like I do, you don't have to worry about them misreading the reg #.
    <br /><br />Grand River Run Genaration &quot;Miles&quot;&nbsp; CGC RN, RL1, RL2, RA, CW-SR, C-OB1, RL1X, RL3, RE

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I am not a member but I use it once in a while. I'm too cheap! I mail things snail mail as soon as premiums are listed or I get them.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I've always used snail mail and have never had an issue with my entries.