Ali's surgery
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ali's surgery

labnpug is offline Senior Member

DefaultAli's surgery

Ali had her surgery(ies) yesterday. First they took off the large lump on her back (fluid filled cyst, opted not to send in to pathology), then the small cyst on her eyelid, then the broken/rotten tooth was removed -- apparently quite involved and basically did a root canal, too and finally she was spayed. So she was under anesthesia quite a long time and pretty out of it last night. The vet had called me late morning to tell me she was waking up and doing okay but then when I went to get her there were a couple of new issues. First of all, they informed me she was quite the "houdini" in their words. Apparently she flipped the latch to the kennel they had her in twice and wandered up to the main desk to say "hi". They really loved her there and said she is such a "people dog" -- no news to me!

The bad news is that after the first time she escaped she rubbed her eye on something, started the incision bleeding and caused a corneal abrasion in that eye. So she was very miserable when I got her home. Then her incision started oozing shortly after I got her home. Fortunately I was able to apply pressure for a while and get the bleeding stopped and there hasn't been any since. And of course she is a "cone head" right now so she can't rub that eye again. She looks like Frankendog right now with a large shaved swatch on her neck/back, a 6 inch incision line on her neck/back (15 stitches), stitches in her left eyelid and her left eye half closed. And of course her belly is shaved, too. The temps are in the 20s outside and supposed to go down to 4 degrees so she won't be able to be out long.

Last night when she was so miserable a cool thing happened. She was shivering and I had her covered with a blanket. She didn't quite make it onto the dog bed I had out for her when she collapsed and went to sleep. Her mom, Nessie, who is 12 1/2 years old, went and laid down and snuggled up against her. I am attaching a photo of them.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com

Attached Images Attached Images
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Ali's surgery

I am glad her surgeries are over ............ now to heal. How sweet of her Mom to lie beside her.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Well she was put through the wringer, wasn't she? Bless her little heart. And that picture is so sweet. I hope she heals up fast and well, and I'm sure she will

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Poor Ali. Sending heeling thoughts her way.

debjen is offline Senior Member

Poor Ali..hope she heals up quickly

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

What a day for that girl

Hope she heals quickly!
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Oh Deb! I was wondering how things went. A little Houdini! What a hoot. I have to admit I did laugh! Glad she is doing ok.

I love that picture!!! Can you send me a copy so I can get it printed for Caleb's book?
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Poor girl must be exhausted. She had a busy day. Luv the photo of mom and daughter.

Sending healing thoughts your way.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

patm is offline Senior Member

Awwwww - poor sweet girl! What a dear mom though - she knew her little girl needed some extra comfort. Hope she is back to herself in no time.

labnpug is offline Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your sympathy for my Ali. She is doing well today, carrying around toys, and seems chipper. She wants to rub the eye that has the stitches in the lid but the cone has prevented it although she sidled up to me and tried to rub her eye against my knee this a.m. No more oozing from the stitches and she hasn't needed any pain meds today.
    Deb
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast