CPE and Charlie Brown
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPE and Charlie Brown

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Default CPE and Charlie Brown

Amber and I competed in CPE for the first time Saturday. On our very first run on a brand new field that was soaking wety from the rain from the last two days I executed a perfect "Charlie Brown" manuver. The A-frame was the 3rd obstacle and I was sure that Amber was going to jump over the down contact. As I approached the begining of the A-frame Amber was just starting down it, so at a full run I leaned back and atempted to stop...Well my heels slid on the grass and I was windmilling my arms trying to maintain balance. Slowly the horizon was going the wrong way. I felt my feet leave the ground and I looked at Amber and thought "she is going to miss the contact" as I went past her in the air. I landed flat on my back at about the end of the A-frame and slid a few feet more. Anyone that has ever watched Charlie Brown attempt to kick a football with Lucy pulling it away at the last moment knows exactly what I did.
    After I came to a stop I looked up to see both Amber and the judge staring down at me. I got up and grabed my sunglasses and hat and sent Amber on to the next obstacle. We managed to do the required obstacles with me in a weird sort of daze. I was trying to remember what I had planed out for the course or what we needed to do to qualify an not having much luck. The buzzer went off signaling 5 seconds to get to the finish obstacle so I managed to direct Amber there. What a way to make an impression the first run in a new venue. As a side note not only did we Q in that run but we got 1st place!! I am not entirely convinced Amber did hit the contact but I wasn't in the best position to see and my perfect back flop might have distracted the judge at that critical time. We did get a standing ovation from everyone that saw the run though!!
    And yes I am still sore all over 2 days later!!

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: CPE and Charlie Brown

Oops! Sorry about your tumble, and glad you're OK. That said - Whoo whoo!!!!! Big congrats on your run, Q and 1rst place!!! Way to go team ;D

debjen is offline Senior Member

LOL..sorry but your story gave a great visual..congrats on the Q and 1st

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I don't mean to laugh at you, but that picture in my mind is funny ;D Glad you weren't seriously hurt.

When I first saw this thread I thought you got a new dog and named him Charlie Brown!!

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Some people will do anything for attention.

Congrats on the win and the grin. ;D

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

lcspt is offline Senior Member

lol ....... hope you are starting to feel better. Great run and Q!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

OMG, Kelly...that would have made the next "agility bloopers" video. What does "CPE" stand for?

I'm glad you're okay, albeit a bit sore. Congrats to you both for the Q and 1st place!!! Whoo-hoooo!! I'm sure you *did* get a standing ovation after that maneuver! LOL

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

CPE = Canine Performance Events

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    CPE = Canine Performance Events
    Aha! Thanks!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Some people will do anything for attention.

No some of us will do anything so the judge won't notice our dogs missing a contact zone in agility ;D

I do feel much better now, I can move with hardly any wimpering...lol

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast