Post your 2007 recap here!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your 2007 recap here!

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultPost your 2007 recap here!

I'll start since we have no more trials this year.

2007 has been an amazing year for us. We had our Novice A debut, got our CD title with three registries: AKC, UKC, and ASCA. We got our CGC as well. We then move on to Open and finished up our AKC CDX and started working on our CDX in the other two registries. We certified and passed our tracking test and got our TD title. Scotty now has an alphabet soup around his name.

Even more amazingly, every Q was a placement for us. We got 10 first places, 2 second places and 5 third places throughout the three registries. We also had two HIT: one out of Open A in AKC and the other out of Open B in ASCA. Scotty's average score is 193.59, again from all three registries. We had trials 9 months out of the year, with January, June and July without any trials.

This has been a wonderful year with both of us growing by leaps and bounds. Scotty grew into an amazing dog with great work ethic and just bloomed. He is such a pleasure to compete with and to live with. He is fun to watch in the ring and he loves all the new friends that he makes along the way. I am so thankful that he came into my life and showed me so many possibilities and helped me make so many new friends.

2008 should be an exciting year for us as well. We're hoping to get his UD, TDX and JH. These are some lofty goals, but I believe that they are possible if we keep up the good work.

I hope that everybody will share their achievement over this year and share your hopes for the new year. Thanks for being here for us and cheering and supporting. I love hearing of all of your wins and feel your pain on your losses. Wishing you all many green and other color ribbons in the new year!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Post your 2007 recap here!

Congrats on your achievements...

For us kind of bittersweet..

This is the year Riley retired from active competition and Robbie started competition..tho most of his competions this year was to see how he was doing and what we needed to work on..while he had some great runs and some not so great runs in agility he ended up with..

2 most entertaining runs ribbons
    2 Novice Fast legs with a 2nd and 3rd place

and in one obedience show he earned

1 Rally Novice leg with a 1st place
    1 Novice B leg with a 1st place
    and High in Trial..

Hoping for some more next year..

and Cedar has had fun learning..*G*

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Man, I was thinking about this cause I have to re-do Caleb's website.

2007 started out with a bang for us--our first AKC High In Trial out of Open B. Two weeks later we got our first leg towards his UD. Another HIT in March out of Open B at Wester Pennsylvania Kennel Association show. Second leg of our UD in May followed by our title in June at Winnebago Labrador Retriever Specialty. A week later another HIT out of Open B and our first OTCh point. Over the Fourth of July weekend we got our Canadian CDX and a leg towards our Canadian UD. The end of July we got another HIT our of Open B. In August we were High Scoring Labrador at the Northern Ohio Labrador Retriever supported entry. Later that month we got our first UDX leg and more OTCh points followed by another UDX leg over Memorial Day weekend. Then we got our UCD and UCH with three BOB's over Champions and Grand Champions, a Group 4, two HIT's and the Total Dog Award. Not bad for one weekend! That gave us a HIT from each of the major registries. Later in September we got our third UDX leg, two more HIT's and our first High Combined. We also took HIT at Huron River Labrador Retriever Specialty in late September. In October we won a three way run off against some OTCh dogs to take second place and some more OTCh points. Also got two legs towards our UCDX and two HIT's with those as well. We are now up to 12 HIT's--11 this year and one a year ago October at London.

In Rally we have gotten more legs towards our RAE. He now has 9 perfect scores in Rally all from either Advanced or Excellent.

We have four more shows this year. I am concentrating on attitude and confidence so I am not expecting to really do much of anything. Want to get some things worked out so we can begin afresh next year.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

2007 was not a good year in our neck of the woods. We didn't get to show much, due to mom's declining health problems.

But we managed some highlights, the biggest one being getting mom through her open heart surgery AND getting a puppy through his first few months at the same time. Not an easy task. I can barely remember Remington being a little pup at our house because my focus was so much on mom.

In the spring Remington showed like a little champ in a Labrador Club Match, and got a 3rd place and 4th place in his puppy conformation classes. In the summer Remington got his CGC on his first try.

And just this weekend Remington showed in Rally Novice B, although we were NOT ready, he pulled off 2 Q's for his first two legs.

The fall brought us around to agility where Magnum shined in USDAA, bringing home 2 Q's and 1st places in Snooker, and two 1st places in Gamblers -- post ACL surgery! She continues to amaze me as she still LOVES to play the game, although we limit her activity.

We also worked hard to put on an AKC Agility Match, and got our club approved to hold AKC Agility trials.

November found us at our first CPE Agility Trial where both Magnum and Ruger blew away the competition, earning a total of 8 - 1st places and 7 Q's. Magnum also got her first CPE title.

To his credit, Ruger tried hard this year, given the limited amount of work we've been able to do with him. He missed out on moving up to Excellent in AKC Agility because he tore a huge chunk out of his toe pad, but he still ran all weekend long on it for me. He also really worked his heart out at an Agility seminar AFTER a full weekend of trialing, he was exhausted but worked so damned hard at that seminar that he made me proud, and to see Carrie Jones (a world class agility competitor) run MY dog and comment about his potential made me feel great.

We are focusing forward for next year.

patm is offline Senior Member

Emilu finished her RA in the early part of the year - I can't remember scores and placements right now, but she did place in each class. Then we had a big hiatus as we worked on heeling off-leash skills for Novice Obedience and I wanted her to be better for Rally Excellent. In September, she got 2 legs for Rally Excellent and 2 legs for Novice Obedience, with first place in each one (we show in "A" classes and there are never too many entrants) Then in October, she finished her Rally Excellent, and got her CD ,again with 2 first places. Her obedience scores were 192.5, 189.5 and 191. Her Rally Excellent scores were 87 (I goofed up big time - twice!), 192 and 197. She has really come a long way, and I am very proud of her. I am learning SO MUCH about dog training, and she really keeps me on my toes. I'm never quite sure which Emilu is going to show up at the trial! But she is a steady worker and is never really too bad - just laggy at times. I can always tell as soon as the Judge says "are you ready" what kind of run she'll have - ears up or ears down says it all! But I was very pleased with her Novice obedience runs - she was very consistent - we just need to perk up her heeling. Next year we will defintitely do Open, and be getting legs for our RAE. Not sure when she'll be ready for Open, but we can start on the RAE anytime. I am also going to start Skippy in obedience classes (again) and hopefully get his RN next year.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Pat, a perfect Rally score is 100, you really scored well

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Everyone has done so amazing!

Gabby got her Rally Novice title and CGC in August. Every time she Q'd, she placed: a second, a third, a first. There were some alligator death roll incidents though when I showed her a bit too early

She got her first two legs of her CD in October, getting a second place and a third place. She also got the first two legs of her RA in October: a fourth and a third. I have got to stop wandering off course!

We're scheduled for four UKC trials in the next four weeks to hopefully get her UKC CD. We will (fingers crossed) finish her RA & CD in January and make her CDX debut in March/April before school gets crazy. I'd like to get her tracking certification this spring before it gets too hot, as well, and work on that TD.
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Kona earned his UD in March in NJ.

We have had 2 high combined awards at 2 lab specialties.

Gone to many trials and celebrated with friends when they succeeded and comiserated with those who didn't do so well.

So far this year we have earned 5 UDX legs and 6 OTch points.

We have one more 2 day trial this year with Kona.

Bo joined our family in March. We've been training and attempted Rally Novice in September ............ not pretty!! ;D He was tracking the entire time ......... did only one station correctly. We will attemp it again in March.

For the future goals for Kona finish his UDX, start RAE title quest, attempt training for a JH and go to All Stars for rally and utility.

Future plans for Bo get his RN, Start field training for JH and go to All Stars for Rally.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

patm is offline Senior Member

Pat, a perfect Rally score is 100, you really scored well
    Oh there I go again! Whenever someone asked me how much Emilu weighs (which is quite often!), I always say "183" and their eyes get really big! I don't know why I put those "1s" in front of eveything :P

imported_agilitymom is offline Senior Member

Madison my chocolate lab has been competing in agility just a little over a year. She made it into the excellent class last fall. We have been chasing excellent legs in AKC all year long. It has been a hard transition to having to run perfect to Q. Maddie earned her excellent standard title all 1st places and all within the excellent B time. She also has earned an excellent jumpers leg 1st place and within Excellent B time. In Nadac she earned two Open jumpers legs. We are hoping Santa brings us the Q's needed to get her Excellent Jumpers title this Christmas. We have a trial before New Years in Amarillo, TX.

MoDean has matured this year. He just turned two and has been promoted from prep class to intermediate I and from intermediate I to advanced. His weaves are exceptional. He has an attention problem that frustrates me. I am concerned about trialing with him. He tends to go commando and blows me off. This year I will continue to work with him and my goal is to trial him in NADAC at least once.

Panda, my new addition, is amazing. After living with us for a month and several training sessions she is able to run a course of eleven obstacles in sequence and has learned all of the agility equipment. She is still using channel weaves. I think we may be ready to trial in the Spring. She is like running a sports car, fast and with lots of control. I have never had a dog learn so fast. Maddie helps me train her and she attends all the classes I help teach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast