Sunday Show Results, Ruger & Remington
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Show Results, Ruger & Remington

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultSunday Show Results, Ruger & Remington

Gosh, it was HOT outside today for December!

Remington was literally melting by the time we did Rally. His mind just wasn't on the task at hand and I really had to cajole him around the ring. It was sloppy. I would have NQ'd him. The judge was kind and he earned a score of 82 for the 2nd leg of his RN.

Here is the Halt, Down, Walk around sign....

Here he is with Q #2...

Ruger's performance was pretty much the same as yesterday, but I did manage to get a few good corrections in. We had glove #2 today and he spit it out FOUR times on the way back, but each time I told him to "take it". The turd. He got one article after I told him "find it" three times (the judge was being kind). Go outs he went just past the jump then circled over to the ring gating on the side, looking toward where our crates where set up. Stand for Exam, he passed. Heeling was really nice but he did not do the "down" signal. Some of our co-show folks (those of us that have been competing in Utility together for a long while now) said we did have several brilliant moments in the ring, and they all said Ruger is doing just about right for as many times as we've shown and not to give up on him, that it will come. Sigh. I hope it comes sooner than later!

Here is Ruger on our signal exercise. The judge was kind and waited a LONG time for Ruger to turn his head and look at me, and still he did not down until I hollered DOWN at him. The turd :P

AND... just wanted to add that my breeder was there with Remington's daddy. They won their class, took best in breed, and were going onto the group class when I was leaving. She was thrilled!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sunday Show Results, Ruger & Remington

Congrats on that 2nd leg ......... now you've go a 2 legged dog!! ;D Glad you were able to get some corrections in on Ruger.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

brody is offline Senior Member

remington looks HOT ... poor (and yet lucky) fella

I feel for Ruger - he upset you yesterday and again today ...he had some good moments according to your audience ..I so wish you could find a place within yourself to focus on those ...

I can't imagine calling a dog a turd (even in jest) is a real relationship builder

if you are getting that frustrated with him maybe a bit of a training break might be a good idea ... I'm sorry but I don't know how old he is ... I'd imagine that his stress level might be pretty high with your expectations on him.. (or perhaps you put yourself under stress )

anyhow - do something both you and he LOVE tomorrow and enjoy him again at least for day

hang in there
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Congrats on leg #2 with the little guy. He does look really hot in those pictures. Poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Some of our co-show folks (those of us that have been competing in Utility together for a long while now) said we did have several brilliant moments in the ring, and they all said Ruger is doing just about right for as many times as we've shown and not to give up on him, that it will come.
    I told you the same thing yesterday and I didn't even see him work. Really Utility takes a long time. Just be patient. You can't go in with an all or nothing attitude. Set small goals for each time you go in the ring. It will come together eventually.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

patm is offline Senior Member

Congrats on Remi's 2nd leg. I can't believe you were in short sleeves although it was actually pretty mild here too - but raining all day :-\ I think that you can call your dog a turd and still love him -because if you can't then I supposed that means I can't call Emilu a little "B" sometimes too

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Yep, "my little turd boy" is his nickname these days, and it's always said lovingly. I guess you have to know me to know my sense of humor. God knows how much I love this dog. I trust him 110% and then some. He's an angel. We just need to continue working and making improvements along the way.

2008 will find us at a lot more shows than we normally do. Hoping the more miles I put on him, the easier it will get for him ;D

Oh, and we do stuff he loves EVERYDAY. My day revolves around these dogs, soccer, chuckit, running in the field, agility, swimming, and that's just in the mornings!!! That's why I expect him to return the favor once in a blue moon at the shows

brody is offline Senior Member

after two frustrating days for you it didn't come across to me as loving

payback would be lovely - wish dogs got the concept too

enjoy him and take it one mile at a time - I'm sure you'll be bragging him up in no time

cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

Congrats on your 2nd leg. It looks hot where every you were showing. Its chilly or shale I say cold and raining here in SW Ohio.
    Alicia

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Lucky you in a t-shirt!

It's going on low thirties here

It's going to come together for you and Ruger- I know it!

<br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Wow, beautiful weather! It's snow and ice here. Congrats to Remi on his second RN leg. One day, it will all come together for Ruger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast