i have to say...

Thread: i have to say...

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Defaulti have to say...

I love training for open!

It is sooo much more fun than doing novice exercises. I mean, we're still reviewing Novice exercises and all, but jumps & dumbbells! Gabby is having a blast
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: i have to say...

Open is a lot of fun but the best advice I can give is don't let your novice work slide. Slacking on the heelwork, fronts, and finishes will kill ya in the higher levels.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

patm is offline Senior Member

I agree - I'm looking forward to training for open, and even have started wonderng in my mind how Emilu will do in Utility (just wondering - that's all ) We haven't been training all that much yet - just can't get back into the swing of things after our last show , and it is SO hard to go outside and train in the dark - can't do jumps at all except on the weekends. I also want to smarten up our heeling, and work on fronts especially.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

I'm looking forward to training Open stuff too!! Henry's already been introduced to the high jump and the broad jump (both of which he LOVES to do) and we've just started doing dumbbell work.

But ugh... we need to do MUCH work on our heeling still!!!!
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Yep, and wait until you do utility, it's a blast!!!

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    and it is SO hard to go outside and train in the dark - can't do jumps at all except on the weekends.
    I KNOW!

When did it start getting dark so dang early?

Most nights I don't get home until 10:30ish- I take a lot of night classes...pffw. I liked summer better.
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

We also loved training for Open. But I agree, don't let go of heeling, fronts, finishes and stand for exam.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Open is a lot of fun but the best advice I can give is don't let your novice work slide. Slacking on the heelwork, fronts, and finishes will kill ya in the higher levels.
    Amen, amen!!! A friend told me to always work on my heeling since it is needed at every level ............ trying to take her advise to heart.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

First of all I got started in this _____________ years ago because I saw Utility and Open and fell in love with it and knew I wanted to do that! That said, I obviously really enjoy Open and Utility training and competing. Heeling, fronts and finishes make or break you in the ring. If we would have had our f&f's this weekend we would have placed in Open B. Even loosing 1 point on each killed us. One day I would like to have a perfert run in heeling. Have lost only 1/2 point in heeling but would like to try to have at least one run of zero off! What a goal/dream!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Our heeling has always been pretty sucky, but we do keep at it and I've been noticing lately in Utility that his heeling is really coming along much better, he's not lagging nearly as much as he's done in the past. Keep at it and practice in a lot of different places.