Saturday Show Results Ruger & Remington
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Show Results Ruger & Remington

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultSaturday Show Results Ruger & Remington

Ruger was a complete idiot in Utility A. That's all I can say. I am so dissappointed in this dog I don't think I'm going to continue trying this as it's just not working. He Q'd in the Stand for Exam and that was it. I'm not speaking to him right now :-[

Remington had a great day. He was a bit wound up at first but chilled out nicely. He had a great Rally Novice B run. Here's some pictures...

Here we are at the Start. Nice attention on me Remington!

Doing the Halt, Sit, Walk Around the dog.

Here we are doing the Come Front, Finish Left

And here we are with Remington's very first EVER AKC Q and first leg on his Rally Novice...
    His score was a 90. Not bad at all. We lost his attention in a couple of places. He woofed once in the corner of the ring toward the conformation rings. On the 360 Left he crashed into the sign. In the serpentine he bumped into my leg. But the rest of it was pretty nice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Saturday Show Results Ruger & Remington

Yay for Remington! congratulations! He looks so grown-up!
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the Q for Remington!! Nice debut!! ;D

Hang in there with Ruger .......... it's fustrating I know but it will come together.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Congrats Remington on your very fist Q! Many more to come I'm sure.

Linda, don't get discouraged with Ruger. I've said it before and I'll say it again....Utility takes lots and lots of practice/experience and you guys just don't get enough opportunity to try your stuff in the ring so it's going to take time. Patience, my dear, patience.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I dunno. Today Ruger was up and very happy. His heeling was actually very nice, but he NQ'd off the bat because he wouldn't do the down in signals. After that, he just totally blew me off in the ring. I wanted to strangle him.

I've decided tomorrow as soon as we NQ I'm going to command, command, command the dog. If I get excused from the ring, so be it. It's better than staying in there and looking like I've never worked with my dog before.

Worse thing was, his breeder was watching us. She said I needed to use an e-collar on him. She obviously doesn't know this dog very well. I think doing that would absolutely kill him, he's just too soft.

Today the little bugger went right out to the correct glove, picked it up, came back about five feet with it, had this devilish look in his eye and he SPIT the glove out while looking at me with that devil look. Oooo, I had smoke coming out of my ears.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian

Today the little bugger went right out to the correct glove, picked it up, came back about five feet with it, had this devilish look in his eye and he SPIT the glove out while looking at me with that devil look. Oooo, I had smoke coming out of my ears.
    HEHE...I've been on the receiving end of a similar devilish sense of humor. Murray was very stressed in the ring when we first started Utility. He wouldn't play with me between exercises, his tail never wagged. It was awful. I took a few months and just worked on his attitude in the ring. I knew we finally turned a corner when he started acting up in the ring. He was joking around. That was a good sign. It's still a sign of stress but at least he was acting like Murray again. A few months after that and I had my obedience dog back. Hang in there.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

patm is offline Senior Member

Big Congrats with Remi! That's just great for his first time, and at his tender age And what can I say about Ruger? Hmmmmmmmm - don't have anything to say expect he IS a dog - it's hard to know what the heck they are thinking - or IF they're thinking! Just keep loving him - he really isn't trying to mess with you.

debjen is offline Senior Member

Congrats to you and Remi

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

They do get so stressed in Utility. Each dog handles it differently, too. Man, Caleb just wants to hang on me and not get away from me. A friend of mine's Golden won't look at her at all. It's almost like if he doesn't look at her then he won't do anything wrong and won't get in trouble. Another Lab I watch gets really goofy in the ring. Utility is so much about confidence.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

labnpug is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the rally leg. RE the utility -- they don't call it "futility" for nothing! It can be discouraging but the more ring experience the better it will get. As for the e-collar -- I wouldn't do it for regular obedience training. I have no problems with using one for field training distance work but I think in regular obedience it could be very demotivating. Given what you've said about him being soft I think you would end his obedience career. Don't give up, it will come!
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast