Oh Boy, I'm glad I set up Rally Signs!!!

Thread: Oh Boy, I'm glad I set up Rally Signs!!!

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultOh Boy, I'm glad I set up Rally Signs!!!

I have Remington entered in Rally Novice B on Dec 1 & 2. I've been working him on the signs, but using handheld flashcard signs that I just shuffle and then do whatever is on the sign.

Today I set up a course with about 12 obstacles. I went in the house to get Remington. Took him outside and his eyes bulged out of his head and he barked and barked and barked at those signs. It took me a few minutes to get him acclimated to them.

I'm sure glad I did this at home, and didn't face it first at a show. Although, he DID Rally at our fun match back in July, but I think he must've forgotten

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Oh Boy, I'm glad I set up Rally Signs!!!

Oh scary signs. ;D Consider yourself lucky that he's afraid of them rather than seeing the cones as toys. I've seen dogs grab them and race around the course playing keep away from the handler, judge, stewards. It was really hard not to laugh.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

What a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

While most of the courses are set up with wore holders, some are set up with flower pots as holders...just in case he has never seen that kind of set up!

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    Oh scary signs. ;D Consider yourself lucky that he's afraid of them rather than seeing the cones as toys. I've seen dogs grab them and race around the course playing keep away from the handler, judge, stewards. It was really hard not to laugh.
    I am not sure I could have stopped laughing if I had seen that!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)