Dog Events Online Unpaid Entry Fees
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog Events Online Unpaid Entry Fees

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

DefaultDog Events Online Unpaid Entry Fees

I just got an E-mail from a show secretary saying that everyone that has paid for an upcoming agility show (Orange Empire Dog Club, Bloomington California) will have to repay for the show if they entered thru DEO (Dog Events Online) . The reason they gave for this is because DEO has paid them for the last three shows with checks that have been returned for "insuficient funds". The show secretary wrote that she is owed over $19,000 by DEO and is starting legal action.
    If anyone wants to see the letter that was sent to me by the trial secretary just send me a Message and I will forward it to your e-mail adress. I don't know how many people or shows use DEO's services but thought it might help to get the word that maybe sending in a Snail Mail entry might be a better option for right now so you don't risk losing your entry money.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Dog Events Online Unpaid Entry Fees

Holy crap! Were the funds already taken from your credit card? That would mean you are double paying and you won't ever recoup your original amount since you are not the one sueing.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

JacksAndLabs is offline Senior Member

I heard that DEO will probably fold in the next few months I've been using them for years but luckily I print off my filled-out entries and send them in myself with a check. I'll miss them, they made it really easy.
    ~Nicole<br />Grand Ledge, MI<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I really don't know how the show secretary can expect everyone to double pay. Someone needs to be going after the folks writing bad checks. Jail time for sure for fraud.

Luckily I hadn't entered through DEO. The Trial Secretary said that she would refund any money she gets back from DEO to people that have had to pay twice. She has also advised anyone that entered through DEO to contact their credit card company and despute the charges. A show secretary from Washington contacted me and said that she has sent out letters and e-mails to all the people that have entered in previous shows to no longer use DEO and just use mail in entries. I hope this doesn't cause any dog clubs to go bankrupt. DEO does buisness in all the states I believe.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I really don't know how the show secretary can expect everyone to double pay. Someone needs to be going after the folks writing bad checks. Jail time for sure for fraud.
    The trial secretary is out over $19,000 from DEO so she either had to cancel the upcoming show, or ask everyone that used DEO to pay again. There was probably 50-70 people/dogs that entered thru the site with credit cards that will have to pay again to re enter. One of the clubs here had to also refuse to accept DEO entries because not getting the money from a single show would bankrupt them. DEO is an online dog show entry service. They were charging $5 plus the cost of the dog show entry for anyone that used a credit card to enter a show thru them. plus you could join DEO and they kept track of things for you and gave you a slight discount of the $5 service charge.
    it is a really great way to keep track of entries and to pay for them....well it used to be.

Kelly and Amebr

debjen is offline Senior Member

I know our club would not accept entries from them this year at all...They've been having trouble for over a year

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

If you paid with credit card, couldn't you dispute it with your credit card bank? Most will give you your money back and deal with the vendor themselves.

If you are just looking for a good way to do entries and then you mail in a check, have you checked out this site? http://www.oaklines.com/ExpressEntri...2fDefault.aspx

Love it.

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

Wow! I'll have to let our kennel club know as DEO is where they have had their obedience/rally and agility trial entries through in the past- and they (the kennel club) only accept online entries when they do it that way. Since 2008 plans are still being laid (dates are set, but haven't been granted AKC approval yet), it's a perfect time to start searching for an alternative. Thanks for the heads up!
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    If you paid with credit card, couldn't you dispute it with your credit card bank? Most will give you your money back and deal with the vendor themselves.

If you are just looking for a good way to do entries and then you mail in a check, have you checked out this site? http://www.oaklines.com/ExpressEntri...2fDefault.aspx

Love it.
    I still like DEO's site for generating mail in entries better. I hope it doesn't fold.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast