Hotel $$$ and shows.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotel $$$ and shows.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultHotel $$$ and shows.

For those of you who travel to shows and spend nights in a Hotel/Motel, how much do you typically spend for a weekend showing?

I'm looking to really show Ruger a lot in February and March, but it will mean travelling and staying in motels. I don't know if I can afford it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hotel $$$ and shows.

It varies from motel to motel. This past weekend was $71 a night and one time $25 pet fee and then taxes. My total for 3 nights was $261. Some of the large specialties get a block of rooms at a lower rate. I will pay well over $100 per night for the host motel for the Potomac. These are my vacations.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

That's a LOT of money to me. I don't know if I can do it. :'(

If I have to rely on the shows I can drive to, that's only four shows a year. I'll never get his UD. What he really needs is to go and go and go, to get so used to it that it won't bother him anymore.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I'm going to ask around and see if anyone wants to split a room with me at these shows. Hopefully someone will a time or two to save me some $$$.

patm is offline Senior Member

Good luck Linda - I only go to shows that I can drive to so far, but it is really difficult to get up so early and drive several hours - very hard on me. But I couldn't afford to go if I had to pay for hotels either. Luckily there are many shows within 2 hours of me, or my parents (gives me a whole other area of the state if I stay with them)

Pat, that is one thing I really hate too. Being on the road at 5:00 a.m or earlier sucks. And Utility A seems to always be the first class in the morning. Yuck!!!

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

We just started traveling to shows. Before we were just doing local shows and fun matches.

It depends on if I am going by myself or if Luke is coming. I will not stay in a sketchy motel by myself. That puts it up more in the 75-100 a night bracket if he can't come. If he can come, we stay in a cheaper bracket of motels because I feel safe enough- 40-55 a night.

I am planning on combining some shows and family visits to Chicago over x-mas break.
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I have spent as little as $39 per night and up. Depends on the show and where it is. Yes, it gets expensive but since I'm traveling so much by myself, I have to do it or I would be showing only about three times a year. Linda, getting a hotel for $59 or $69 a night isn't bad. It certainly adds up! That is why I take my cooler and salad stuff and eat in my room, especially if it is just me and Caleb. We can go real cheap for dinners! Then add in the price of gas and entry fees. Not a cheap sport that is for sure. That is also why I don't do more shows as far away as you are. Those are special ocassion shows. If they are not within an easy days drive I don't go--your show the exception.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

You know we don't have that many "within an easy day's drive". I'm going to have to bite the bullet and haul him around a bit this year.

Getting a hotel for $39.00 a night isn't easy either, most of those are in really crappy, unsafe areas and I would not feel comfortable there alone.

Gee, I wish I could get someone to sponser me

And I would pack a lot of food as well and not eat out.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I look for deals on the internet. Some of the hotels give better rates on-line than by calling. That saves some. A lot of the shows I go to are about two to three hours away so Caleb and I go to those usually by ourselves. If it is close enough I'll drive up in the morning and spend only one night but most of them are too far for that. I think other than going to Canada this past July I have only shared the room once with someone. When I vend I usually go with my partner and we usually split our hotel room.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast