AKC agility weekend - photos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AKC agility weekend - photos

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultAKC agility weekend - photos

Ugghhh...I'm exhausted! 2 day weekend...very hot again...still! Open or novice first class of the day, then last class of the day makes for some very looooonnnnggggg days. Today Meghan had to be there for an 8:00 class then she didn't run again until 3!!!! That's frikkin' insane for a novice team. > My schedule wasn't much better. I also ran at 8:00 then again at 2. Sat was pretty much the same schedule.

Meghan and Essy really struggled on Sat. It was clear Essy just wasn't into it. She was very hot even though I had wet her down and kept her under the shade with fans to stay cool. Today went so much better. They didn't get the send in FAST but the rest of the run was very nice. They had a really pretty standard run but Essy was having a little too much fun (dropped a bar, popped the Aframe contact grinning ear to ear the whole time). They ran straight from std to the JWW ring. The JWW run was so beautiful!!! A nice fast, clean run...right up until Meghan celebrated a little too early causing Essy to drop the last bar. DAMN!!! Everyone watching was already cheering, even the judge then WHAMO the bar falls. Meghan was thrilled with all of Essy's performances today though. I'm glad they were able to end on a fairly good note because I was concerned about Meghan's psyche after Sat's performances.

Murray had an interesting weekend. Sat was a disaster for the most part. The courses were really tough requiring tons of crosses. I have a series of pictures that Meghan took where I front crossed and came "that" close to crashing into the wing of the next jump. : See photos below for a good laugh. I was so focused on the bar that I didn't see the wing until the last possible second. Good save. It could have been really ugly. FAST, the last class of the day, was the one bright light. I created a very smooth flowing course where Murray could run flat out which he LOVES. We finished with 64 pts 10 seconds under time with a Q and our second 1st place in Open FAST. ;D Sun started with FAST. It was another beautiful run. We finished with 67 pts with 5 seconds left on the clock and got a Q, our third 1st place, and Open FAST title. ;D Then we waited around until 2 to run again. : We walked std and JWW, ran std, then ran to the other ring to run JWW. Nothing like waiting around for 6 hrs to have 5 min of sheer adrenalin. : Standard was not pretty although he did get the weaves so I was happy. We ran straight over to JWW and ran. Murray was back in form. The opening was very tough...L tunnel to weaves another 90 degrees to a double. Murray blasted out of the tunnel with a burst of speed, collected nicely, did the weaves beautifully, then attempted the double but there wasn't enough space/speed from the end of the weaves to the double so he didn't clear it. Many other dogs had issues at the same spot. The rest of the run was really nice except when I lost my place on the course. : I looked over at Murray before a change of direction then when I looked forward, all I saw was a sea of jumps. I finally found the # I needed and we were back on track. I was very proud of my boy.

For your enjoyment...

Step by Step: How NOT to do a front cross

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: AKC agility weekend - photos

Congrats on the new title..nice photos..you did a nice job of avoiding the jump

imported_agilitymom is offline Senior Member

I loved the series of pictures. The AKC courses seem to get tighter all the time making it difficult for the big dogs to collect on their stride and prepare for their next jump. I have also seen alot of big jump combinations lately (double to a triple, double to a panel) which can also cause some difficulty getting over for a larger striding dog. Congrats on your fast title. The open send can be very difficult.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

classic Me move honestly

what a good boy he was not to get sucked into the big corrrection - good thing he wasn't much behind you or he would have read you pulling him right off the jump

sounds like another weekend of adventure for you all

congrats!

http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Lydia that is wonderful! Congrats! And with the dog you thought you were going to have to retire! What an improvement! That is so wonderful!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

The pics are great!!!! Love the expressions on your face ;D

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Love the sequence of your Front Cross!!! Nice photography Meghan!!!

Congrats on your FAST title!!! That is awesome.

You guys look great. I always love your play by play descriptions

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Lydia, btw, how in the world did your club get away with only one bar on the jumps??? What level are you showing? In Novice they are all two bars. In open I think they have one jump with one bar. Even in excellent they use two bars. I'm painfully aware of this rule because our club just held our "A" match and I had to make additional bars for all our jumps.

Chapter 3 - Section 3

Bar Jumps.....

Unless a jump is specified as a One Bar Jump by the judge, all jumps
    shall have at least two bars. In the Novice classes, the lower
    bar shall be placed at about half the height of the top bar. In
    all other classes the lower bar placement shall be determined by
    the judge.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Lydia, btw, how in the world did your club get away with only one bar on the jumps??? What level are you showing?
    I have no idea. I wasn't aware of the rule. Murray just jumps whatever is in front of him. I show in Open and Meghan shows in Novice. I'll have to look thru all of our pictures (300+...Meghan got a little crazy) and see how many single bars I see.

Also, would it be noted differently on the course maps if it is a single bar? I have all of the course maps for all levels. Is it just a rule for JWW or all courses?

This club definitely isn't lacking any bars. They have barrels and barrels of bars. I know because I picked them all up and hauled them to the trailer after the trial.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

pbc
    pbc is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on the new title. Great pictures.
    Guest poster - original forum July 2001. Member 2002. nbsc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast