AKC rule change

Thread: AKC rule change

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultAKC rule change

Did anyone notice that there is a slight wording in the AKC rules regarding Utility gloves? Apparently, you are no longer required to have "cotton work gloves". Someone on another list I'm on used white leather gloves at a show this weekend. At first the judge questioned it stating they had to be cotton but when the judge (and the judges from other rings) checked the rulebook, she couldn't find that wording anymore.

Chapter 5 Section 10.

"In this exercise the handler will provide three gloves that are predominantely white. They must be open and must be approved by the judge."
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: AKC rule change

I don't think this is new. It's always been, gloves that are predominately white. Most folks use the cotton ones because they are predominately white.

Some judges around us will not allow the ones with the colored wrist band.

I remember it used to say "white cotton work gloves". Then it change (fairly recently) to "predominantly white cotton work gloves" (so you can definitelychallenge the judges that won't let you use the colored wrist bands), and now it just says "predominantly white" with no reference to the type of material or even that it has to be work gloves...you could use white lace gloves if you wanted to. ;D
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Hmm, I have a rule book that is about six years old (I know, bad me) and it just says predominately white. Maybe they changed it after that, then changed it back.

Personally I like the big ole cotton work gloves because it gives Ruger a bigger mouthful to grab.

Quote Originally Posted by raian

Personally I like the big ole cotton work gloves because it gives Ruger a bigger mouthful to grab.
    Me too but I have a friend who's dog is having an issue with the gloves. She'll be happy to know she has some options now and maybe can find something that will work for her.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Also, I think most use the work gloves cause they are cheap and you can have multiple pairs and not have a lot invested in case they get lost. I think it has been a while since they dropped the cotton part.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

OK I pulled out my trusty (and dusty) July 1, 1997 rule book with the inserts for 1998 revisions. It says " In this exercise the handler will provide three predominantly white, cotton work gloves, which must be open and must be approved by the Judge."
    This is the oldest rule book I have. You can always tell the first rule book with changes or additions because the Italicize the changes. This rule wasn't in italics so it would have been the same in the preceeding rule book (1995?).

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />