results from the Nationals - photo intensive
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: results from the Nationals - photo intensive

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Defaultresults from the Nationals - photo intensive

What a weekend! I'm so proud of Meghan, Murray, Essy and all the jrs. What a great future for agility.

Meghan and Essy qualified for the jr handler spotlight at the USDAA Agility Nationals!!! Color me very proud. ;D All the jrs who received a gold medal on Sat were asked to run on Sun before the Grand Prix finals. Murray was a wild child and ended with a bronze on Sat so he didn't qualify for the spotlight. :-\ There were 5 teams who got to run.

They ran in the main ring. Here are the flags representing all of the countries (and possibly some states since I saw Japan, Canada, and the AZ flag so it's a little confusing) in attendance.

The ring was surrounded on 3 sides by stadium bleachers that were full of people. It sure makes the ring look small but the crowd was so awesome...so much fun.

I thought the jrs would run jr courses. Nope! They ran the Grand Prix finals course...in front of hundreds of people, tv cameras, etc! Gulp and double gulp!!! And guess who got to be the first to run it? Yes Meghan and Essy...AGGGHHHH!!!

Meghan walked the course one time then came over to me and said "this course is really tough!" Well no duh. (I didn't say that though ). I told her she could do it and to go walk it again meanwhile I was trying not to throw up. She got more confident each time thru. She got even more confident when the judge told her this was just for fun...no score, no faults, no q's.

Finally it was time to run the jrs. Meghan and Essy were first. AGGHHH!!! Mom is freaking out right now. I'm so nervous for Meghan I can barely concentrate.

The start line. When Meghan and Essy went to the start line some one in the crowd yelled out "Labs Rock!!" (no it wasn't me!)

And they're off...

The crowd yelled and cheered and clapped for every obstacle. I was a little worried about the crowd noise since Essy is so sensitive but it seemed to give her a boost. I was particularly worried when they started to weave 12 poles and the crowd noise got louder and the clapping got faster as they progressed thru the weaves ending with a collective cheer at end.

Essy is really concentrating hard (check out that tongue sticking out the side of her mouth)

Then the brat flys off the Aframe....their only fault. > At least she was having fun. Wheeeee!

Then its over almost as quickly as it started. I think I held my breath the entire time they were on the course.

They gave the kids their awards in the ring in front of everyone.

Notice BC, BC, BC, and Essy. The 5th dog was a Golden Retriever that you can't see in this picture.

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to wipe that smile off her face.

Here is the blanket they gave each of the jrs in the spotlight

close up of the blanket...see the jr handler program on it.

Here is the special ribbon they gave the jrs which says "2007 Jr Handler Spotlight Participant" (notice there is a black Lab weaving on the side ribbon which is pretty appropriate since this was Essy's first time to weave 12 poles in competition).

The coolest thing of all was that Meghan's dad attended. He doesn't want anything to do with the dogs so this is the first time he's ever gone to an agility trial and to think that he got to see his daughter in a once in a lifetime event. How cool is that! ;D He was pretty proud of her.

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: results from the Nationals - photo intensive

That is so WAY COOL!!!! I can hardly stand it myself ;D Way to go Esse and Meghan!!! Loved the pictures! They're great too.

imported_agilitymom is offline Senior Member

Great job! I loved the pictures. Meghan did well under pressure. Between running first and running the same course as the adults she really shined. Congratulations.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labby is offline Senior Member

Way way cool!!!

Laura

Scout and friends Guest

Wow! I can feel the pride in your words. Congratulations Meghan and Essy! Great pictures.

(How nice that Dad was there too!)

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I can't see the pictures on my slow dial-up, but I can't wait to get to work tonight to see them! Damn, that is so WONDERFUL. I can just feel how proud you are of your girls ;D

lablover is offline Senior Member

That is so cool that she was able to do this. Like you said ... a once in a life time.

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! That is absolutely amazing!
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

lcspt is offline Senior Member

What a wonderful weekend for Meghan and Essy!! So exciting!! Stay up there on cloud 9 as long as you want, Meghan!! ;D ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Lydia, that is so wonderful! Congrats to Meghan. I'm sure it also helped make the day that her Dad was there to watch, too. That is one thing I really like about the UKC, too--they really make a huge deal about their juniors. Many of their prizes and ribbons are nicer than what they give for the regular classes--as it actually should be.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast