photo shoot and obedience

Thread: photo shoot and obedience

labnpug is offline Senior Member

Defaultphoto shoot and obedience

Today we had our photo shoot of Ali, Caleb's mom for a catalog. (I've mentioned it in the training journal.) What they needed her to do was a down stay with her head flat on the ground between her paws and balancing an ice bag on her head. So I worked on training her a "head down" command using a clicker. I had a week to train it and at first it seemed to be slow going as she kept just looking at me instead of offering the head down behavior but the last couple of days it seemed like she got it and last night I worked her with my other dogs wandering around for distractions.

Well, it paid off and the photo shoot went really smoothly, in fact they said she was the easiest dog to work with than any other Labs they've used for photo shoots. They had allotted 3 hours and it took only one hour then we went to a park for them to photograph her outside with the fall foliage in case they want photos for future catalogs (which was a last minute decision since she was being so good and they had time allotted). Not only did she do great with her head down and the ice bag on her head (no ice in it) but then they also decided to dress her in a lab coat with safely goggles around her neck. I told them she would leave the goggles on, they were skeptical, but she did and they got some really cute photos that way, too. When I get some photos I'll post them but for now here is one the photographer took outside today. It was really fun (plus we get paid nicely!).
    Deb H.
    Dunn's Marsh
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com (see our new blog!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: photo shoot and obedience

Sounds like fun!!! VERY cool about the photo shoot. I look forward to seeing the photos!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I can't wait to see the pictures!!!!! Glad it went well.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

What fun! Please remember to post the pictures. I'd love to see them.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

What a great way to spend the day. That photo is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the others.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE