AKC agility results

Thread: AKC agility results

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultAKC agility results

What a tough weekend. It was over 100 degrees here all weekend. It's almost Nov for crying out loud. :

Sat Essy was in JWW at 8, then FAST class at 3, then ran Std at 5. That's an awfully long day for a young dog and inexperienced handler...but I digress.

Essy and Meghan received their first AKC Q in JWW! ;D They made a really good attempt at FAST. They did the send and had 50 pts but were slightly over time which deducted from their accumulated points. Bummer. Standard was horrible. It was so hot at 5. Essy, as well as many other dogs, jumped on then immediately back off all of the contact obstacles. The people setting the course even commented on how hot the equipment was. Nothing like getting 3rd degree burns. :

Murray got his first Open FAST Q and a first place. It was an awesome run and we even did the weaves. ;D He knocked a bar in Open std and Open JWW so no Qs but he ran beautifully all day. I was very happy with the yellow boy.

Sun we had a later start which meant we ran in the heat of the day for all runs. Murray qualified in Open FAST but I didn't. I stepped on the %"&*@($ # send line. > It was a beautiful run too would have been 68 pts and undertime). I'm still mad at myself. The rest of the day went down hill. Murray popped out of the weaves in std, went off course and did his own thing. I finally walked off the course. He did ok in jumpers but we ran at 4 so it was really hot again. I don't remember how many bars he knocked. He just wasn't into it and, honestly, neither was I.

Essy did good today but didn't get any Qs. She did all of the contacts so she didn't have any residual effects from the burns encountered yesterday. She was so close in std but popped the dogwalk contact. She was also close in JWW but knocked a bar. She missed the send in FAST.

All in all it was a good weekend. Meghan was happy (and so was Essy) so that made me happy.

Next weekend Meghan will run Murray and Essy at the USDAA Nationals. Unfortunately their ring time both days is around noon. I'm praying for a cold front.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: AKC agility results

Wow that's HOT. I can't imagine the contact equipment being that hot that dogs jump off. What's the matter with you people. Can't you hold trials in horse arenas like we do Seriously though, I think your clubs really need to shop around and find some indoor venues.

Essy and Meghan are doing so GREAT!!!

I love FAST class now that I've done it. We don't have many of them here though. The shows I've been too are not offering it.

brody is offline Senior Member

Brody hates crazy heat too - one day the sand was BURNING hot and he ran under the aframe

this is a dog who has accumulated maybe 25 faults all together since last spring ...

I'm all about cool runs

http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian

I love FAST class now that I've done it. We don't have many of them here though. The shows I've been too are not offering it.
    Meghan loves FAST too. She likes to be able to make up her own course. I think that's why she enjoyed Hoopers too. Maybe I'll have to let her try Gamblers.

I hate to tell you this but our horse arenas aren't covered either.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Sounds like overall you had a successful weekend given the heat and long days. I know I would have melted. We really are having such warm weather for so late in the year - I'm still waiting for Fall.

Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Congrats to Essy and Meghan!

debjen is offline Senior Member

Wow..Riley would have never worked well in that heat..one of the reasons we didn't trial in the summer..hope things cool off before your next trial..congrats on the Qs

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

That is wonderful that she q'd! Congrats to her! I do hope it cools down for you before this weekend. Glad Murray's attitude is coming back.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org