Caleb and agility
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caleb and agility

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultCaleb and agility

I am not sure the two go together! ??? I have taught most of the foundational things but I'll tell you this dog is a hoot on the stuff! On the weaves he talks all the way through and quite loud to boot. Our agility students want me to bring him out each week and run him so they can laugh. Not good! Now that he has figured out the teeter he's starting to talk on that. The running and jumping.................... Do I need to explain. Tonight I ran a quick sequence between the classes I teach and do you know he pulled the chute off the barrell when he ran through! I can't wait to see him when I can get him to a place with a bit more room. Hey, at least he's entertaining. And who posted about people laughing at a Lab? It could be my future! His sister Jazz and his Grandma Deb would problem disown him!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labnpug is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Caleb and agility

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Boys Mom
    I am not sure the two go together! ??? I have taught most of the foundational things but I'll tell you this dog is a hoot on the stuff! On the weaves he talks all the way through and quite loud to boot. Our agility students want me to bring him out each week and run him so they can laugh. Not good! Now that he has figured out the teeter he's starting to talk on that. The running and jumping.................... Do I need to explain. Tonight I ran a quick sequence between the classes I teach and do you know he pulled the chute off the barrell when he ran through! I can't wait to see him when I can get him to a place with a bit more room. Hey, at least he's entertaining. And who posted about people laughing at a Lab? It could be my future! His sister Jazz and his Grandma Deb would problem disown him!
    No, we won't disown him, we are glad he's starting to like agility more. As for the "talking" -- do you mean barking or whining? My instructor has been telling me to get rid of Jazz's barking. She acts like a BC trying to herd me and bark, especially on the weaves, very annoying. It often means she is not getting enough information from me or is frustrated with me (I'm too slow for her ). So she has had me do some work with rewarding her for being quiet.

I really should get some video of Jazz running and post it on utube (if I can figure out how) some time.
    Deb
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Come on Susan, where is our video of (one of) my favorite boy? I want to see Caleb being a sassy pants!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Maybe Caleb talking is like a kid on a playground. Woohoo! This is fun! I'm having a blast! ;D

Don't feel bad. When I first starting training Murray they usually had to rebuild the course after we ran. He knocked down all the bars, ripped the chute, straightened the tunnel. Just last year he knocked over the a-frame.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Our instructor thinks his barking and talking is a combination of not really having enough room (my agility room is small I must admit) and that I can't move fast enough. He is a hoot though. He is liking it more and not running away when I try to do some of it like he was. So, I do a little here and there so when I really want to focus on it he'll think it is fun. One really good thing he does is the way he does the teeter--guess he actually does it correctly by shifting his weight back and dropping it. It's almost full height and he isn't hesitating. Now I need to work on him going straight off. Now the A-frame at full height--that is still an issue. But at least he's thinking of it as fun which is a huge improvement. One agility title my boy--well, two actually for the VCD 2.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

One agility title my boy--well, two actually for the VCD 2.
    Technically 4 (you'll need novice and open for both std and jumpers).
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

So this is what I have to look forward to if I get my Caleb into agility? I swear, Susan, your stories remind me of my Stink Pot.

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

You only need an agility title for a VCD?

In Canada we need agility, tracking and obedience, all novice tests.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much

No...it's the same here. VCD2 (the one Susan mentioned) requires Open titles in obedience and agility though.

My goal with Murray has always been a VCD title. At first I wanted a VCD1 but now I'm hoping for a VCD2. I wanted to knock out the agility stuff first since that career will be the shortest. Once he retires from agility, we'll start tracking and hopefully by then he also be thru with his UD.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much

He all ready has the CDX, I want to get his TD and then the agility.
    Susan

www.labmed.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast