scenting in real life (NLR)

Thread: scenting in real life (NLR)

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Defaultscenting in real life (NLR)

One of my training buddies just sent me a cute story about her Dobie. This dog has been having lots of issues in the ring. She completely shuts down due to stress. For example, on the article discremination she'll walk out to the pile then just stand there. She does them fine in practice but the show atmosphere causes a meltdown.

My friend said she set her articles out to air after last night's training and must have accidently dropped one which landed in the bushes without her knowing. She called everyone from training to see if anyone found an extra article but no one had found one. Today, she was out in the yard and the dog was sniffing around in the bushes. The dog found the article and presented it to my friend with a perfect front. ;D

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: scenting in real life (NLR)

Aw, that is cute!

I understand the melt down well. Ruger will just give up in the ring. I wish there were a fix for it. I think experience would help him through it, but shows are too few and far between here and I can't afford or take the time to travel to the ones farther away.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Lydia, that is too neat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Proof that pups "get it" even when sometimes we think they don't.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I value those real life situations a lot! Hoss found one of the hunters hat opening day of the duck season this year. It earned him a cookie from the hunter!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)