Hoopers info

Thread: Hoopers info

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultHoopers info

Some of you were curious about what the hoops for hoopers look like. Here is a link to Murray's photo (I haven't received it yet so I can't scan it). It's a good one because you can see several of the criteria for the game.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/phot...spx?pc=4782386

In this photo we were doing the test designated by the purple cones (each test is designated by a different set of colored cones).

You can see that the test hoops are all red and the same hoops can be used for multiple tests (one of the hoops has a green and purple cone).

You can see a green hoop in the back on the far right. Green hoops designate an "outside" hoop. You have to take 3 green hoops in the same direction before starting a test.

Other clubs may use different color hoops/cones. This is just the color our club chose.

I guess if you are colored blind you are screwed in hoopers.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Hoopers info

Magnum would love that. No jumping. Cool. They look like hula hoops ;D

patm is offline Senior Member

What the heck is "hoopers"? Emilu loves to jump through the hula hoop - it was the first trick I taught her - she would love "hoops" ;D

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    What the heck is "hoopers"?
    Hoopers is a new NADAC class. Sharon is always coming up with new games. Some people like that about NADAC (me) and others don't. How boring would it be to do the same games day after day, year after year, dog after dog?

I posted the description here... https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,59582.0.html
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

WOW! Hoopers looks like great fun - I'll bet even my almost 12 year old guy could do it. I'd have to get that color coded thing down - but I suspect after a couple of runs and by watching an "expert" or two run the course, one would figure it out pretty quick. Thanks for posting a picture - I immediately could see the game. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Quote Originally Posted by 2yellowlabs
    I'd have to get that color coded thing down -
    You know, I really didn't pay attention to the colors at all. I walked the course I wanted to run then when we run all the other hoops fade out of my sight. It's weird...like tunnel vision I guess. I really only see the hoops that I plan to run. The problem occurs when Murray decides to run something different. You don't NQ if you go back and take 3 green hoops to start the sequence again but after the 3rd or 4th time he did that during our first run my brain was in meltdown mode. I really can't handle those "make up your own course on the fly" classes like snooker (except AKC FAST which doesn't have as many rules). As long as Murray does what I plan, we do fine. ;D

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Lydia - Thanks for the additional info. I get what you say - if the course goes as you plan it, the color coding can be ignored. Its only when the "runnee" decides on a different plan of action that the colors make a difference. I'll have to find a NADAC trial near Cleveland and watch a couple of classes to get the picture. I've only tried AKC FAST once and Gamblers a couple of times at an Australian Shepherd Club trial. Fun but not as easy as I would have hoped. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon