She did it!

Thread: She did it!

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultShe did it!

Meghan and Essy were AWESOME this weekend. They actually looked like a team that 1) knew what they were doing and 2) actually practiced together occasionally.

On Sat, had to retry one exercise and Meghan was walking too slow the first half of the course causing Essy to sniff but she finally realized what she was doing (or she heard me telepathically yelling "WALK FASTER!" They still managed a 92 and took first place.

On Sun, they scored 99 with a beautiful run, took first place, and finished their Rally Excellent title. ;D Meghan even commented before the run that she wasn't nervous. Hopefully we have a break thru.

On Sun, Essy was also entered in conformation. The class started at 8 and Rally was 8:30. : I took Essy straight from the rally ring #19, changed leads, grabbed our gear bag, ran across the road, and to the opposite end of the complex to ring #2 for conformation for nothing except experience AND I missed Meghan getting her Rally title ribbon. :'(

Here she is getting her official picture.

Murray didn't have nearly as good a weekend. First, they mowed an alfalfa field and set up the obedience rings there. : Not only am I deathly allergic to alfalfa, the dried up stems hurt like hell so Murray refused to sit all weekend. Yep...not one single sit. > His attitude was great in the ring but we didn't Q either day. The first day he took the same jump twice. Today he wouldn't do the sit signal (remember aforementioned pokey alfalfa) and while he got the first article, he caught the scent of something while scenting the 2nd one and followed it almost out of the ring (just poles and ropes at this trial...you can see them in the Rally photo). I quickly called him back to me...the butthead. Gloves and moving stand were good. His go outs were positively beautiful, straight and fast. He sat and HE TOOK BOTH JUMPS CORRECTLY!!! WOO frickin' HOO!!!!

My training buddies went to the Lab Nationals. I wasn't able to go because I had just taken 2 weeks off work for my trip to Costa Rica. They brought me back some gifts...a nice LRC bag, a beautiful pin of 3 Lab heads, and this...

Close up

It was in one of the raffle baskets one of my friends won. Can you believe it is called "Murray" and the Lab actually looks like him? They didn't have it made. They were so excited to win it. I've decided to save it until Murray gets his UD. It should be well seasoned by then.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: She did it!

Congratulations to Meghan and Essy!!! ;D What a great finish for the title. Murray has some nice pieces to utility and it will come together for both of you soon. Hang in there!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

debjen is offline Senior Member

Good job to Meghan and Essy..

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Way to go, Meghan and Essy!!!!!

YES!!! That's awesome news, CONGRATS!!!!! What a great way for them to finish their title!!!!

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS MEGHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is awesome!

That wine bottle is too neat! It does look like him! How fun!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Wow, sounds like a wonderful weekend for Essy and Meghan!!!

I can't believe they mowed an Alfalfa Field for the trial, what in the world do some people think of???

That bottle of wine is so cool. If I saved it until Ruger got a UD, it would probably turn to vinegar

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian

I can't believe they mowed an Alfalfa Field for the trial, what in the world do some people think of???
    No joke. That's insane.

Congratulations to your daughter!
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Congratulations to Meghan and Essy! And what nice gifts, especially the wine.

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Awesome! Great job Meghan!

That wine looks yummy right about now!~

patm is offline Senior Member

Whoo, whooo!!! That's great! Love the wine bottle - it DOES look like him. As for that alfalfa field - Emilu doesn't even like to sit in the grass if it's a little dry OR wet!