The end of our dry spell

Thread: The end of our dry spell

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe end of our dry spell

Kona finally Q'ed in utility (188 1/2) yesterday along with open (191) and he earned his 2nd UDX leg and earned High Combined. He had not Q'ed in Utility since June ............ what a relief!!! ;D Thursday we took third in Open and nq'ed in utility.

Yesterday, he was very slow to sit during the signals and during the directed retrieve he pivoted to 1 and I pivoted to 2. I waited him out (we had been working on him looking at me before I would send) and when he finally looked at me (seemed like an hour!!) I was able to pull his eyes over to 2 with my mark signal.

My friend from Long Island was there and she got her RE title on her girl, Susie. We both were teary eyed when she go her first place ribbon. I talked about seeing her and Susie at the Potomac last spring. Susie had half her jaw removed because of cancer and had radiation. Karen thinks the cancer has returned but Susie seems to be responding to prednisone right now. Susie was so up in the ring yesterday and really seemed to be enjoying herself. This may be the last time that Susie will compete and I was so glad I was there to share this with Karen.

My other friends did well also .......... Norma and Harvey had 2 1st places in Open A, Patti and Liz had 2 1st place in Novice B and titled, and one of my students, Sue, got her second CD leg on Anna.

I volunteered in Rally and used Kona as the honor dog and got to run the excellant course both days with him.

Bo was learning social skills.............. sit to greet, no jumping and not going up to other dogs. He still does not know walking on a leash without pulling!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The end of our dry spell

Congratulations! Sounds like a great day!
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Linda that is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Second UDX leg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on the HC, too!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats..sounds like a good time

labnpug is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt
    Kona finally Q'ed in utility (188 1/2) yesterday along with open (191) and he earned his 2nd UDX leg and earned High Combined. He had not Q'ed in Utility since June ............ what a relief!!! ;D Thursday we took third in Open and nq'ed in utility.
    Congratulations! If you go to Potomac next year maybe I'll see you there! (tentatively planning to go)
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug
    If you go to Potomac next year maybe I'll see you there! (tentatively planning to go)
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    I'm planning on going to P-mac ............... Have my motel reservations and vacation days. Would love to meet you.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Congrats on another UDX legs!!!

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Woohoo!!! Congrats on the UDX leg. Since you've gotten over your dry spell could you send some "rain" this way? We could use a leg or two in Utility.

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt
    This may be the last time that Susie will compete and I was so glad I was there to share this with Karen.
    OMG! So bitter sweet. :'(
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Congrats on your 2nd UDX leg!!!

It sounds like a wonderful weekend all around!!!

I am so thankful that Remington isn't near the leash puller as my other two are. We've been putting a lot of show miles on him recently too, it's a great thing to do with the young ones!!! I'm sure Bo is enjoying it

patm is offline Senior Member

Whoo Whoo!!! That's great! ;D