seminars- the good, the bad and the ugly
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seminars- the good, the bad and the ugly

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Defaultseminars- the good, the bad and the ugly

I just confirmed that we got a working spot for a Connie Cleveland seminar in Sept. of 2008 (almost a full year to get up to par!). And we did a seminar with Jane Jackson and loved it.

What seminars have you done? What did you like? Not like? Why?
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: seminars- the good, the bad and the ugly

I have not done any obedience seminars. We did Evan Graham seminar for retriever training and I want to do Mike Lardy's basic seminar and Kristie Wilder's Retriever Retreat for the Ladies.

I heard good things about Retriever Retreat for Ladies. Did you like it?
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

It's in my "want to do" category. I think it will be tons of fun to do it one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    It's in my "want to do" category. I think it will be tons of fun to do it one day.
    Totally misread- sorry-yeah, I think that would be great to do sometime.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

I'm so jealous! I'd love to go to a Connie Cleveland seminar. We haven't had many obedience seminars in AZ. We did have an obedience seminar with the local judges where they went over every single rule/exercise. That one was very helpful. A friend wants to bring Judie Howard out here next yr. I'd definitely sign up for that one.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

The people I train with (my instructors) are real Sandy Ladwig groupies. I'd like to go sometime, but never know about it early enough.
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Quote Originally Posted by rottnlabs
    I'm so jealous! I'd love to go to a Connie Cleveland seminar. We haven't had many obedience seminars in AZ.
    It was crazy- it's being held at my club's facility, but put on by another club (the golden retriever club). I registered six months early for the Jane Jackson seminar and didn't get a working spot- but registered a full year early for this one and did.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I basically train the way Connie trains. But I've come to find out from several local people who go up to her place for lessons, that they will no longer be going to her because of some stuff she's done. If you want details pm me.

Seminars in general... keep in mind your personal goals and objectives and most importantly know your dog. Use what you can from the seminar but don't think everything the presenter is telling you is gospel. Dog training is a never ending book, and what's been written in the past sometimes won't work for you. Keep an open mind and take from the seminar things that will help your performance and training, but never feel like you have to begin all over because of the way/method someone else touts.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Use what you can from the seminar but don't think everything the presenter is telling you is gospel. Dog training is a never ending book, and what's been written in the past sometimes won't work for you. Keep an open mind and take from the seminar things that will help your performance and training, but never feel like you have to begin all over because of the way/method someone else touts.
    True even for every day trainers. Nothing works with all dogs. Use what works for you and disregard the rest (or tuck in your bag of tricks for a future dog).
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast