jump sets

Thread: jump sets

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Defaultjump sets

My parents would like to purchase a jump set for Gabby for Gabby's Christmas present (isn't that sweet? they're so adorable ). Which ones do you guys recommend? I looked at the ones at Max200 and JJ- any others?

<br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: jump sets

That is very nice! I got my jumps from a local guy who makes them, so no help on JJ vs. Max200. The only think I'd recommend is to go with 3' wide jumps. It saves a little bit of money, easier to haul around, and does not seem to make a difference for the dogs between training and competition.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Also look at Milk-n-Honey (http://www.geocities.com/gotzrus/AgilityEquipment.html) I find it much lighter/more portable than the J&J or Max 200 stuff.

You can also make equipment really cheap...way cheaper than the $65 jumps you see on any of those sites. I made all of my obedience jumps plus a couple of agility jumps for $80 total, yes total, so you can see the profit margins are really high at those companies. Here is one site (of many) that tells you how to make your own.

http://www.hickorytech.net/~chchiud/obedequi.htm

I ended up modifying mine to look sort of like the ones on Milk & Honey so the uprights will fold down for easy transport.

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I really like the J & J Practice Jump set. I've used them TONS of times, and they stay together and can stay outside as well.

A friend I practice with has a set from somewhere else and the high jump and bar jump simply velcro on and it ALWAYS falls off, so we use mine

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I have the J&J set. I have had them for about a year, and other than some minor damage from leaving them out in weather and wind, they are still in good shape. It was worth the money. I am sure you can find better for cheaper or if you are industrious and can fashion it yourself out of PVC pipe and vinyl siding, but for me it was worth it.

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I leave my J&J jumps outside all the time.

When they get nasty looking, they clean up wonderfully with Clorox Bleach and a water hose

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Awww, what wonderful grandparents Gabby has!!

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I got mine from Max 200. Very pleased with them. That is very sweet of them. Nice gift!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I got a set from J an J and have been very pleased! (Also made a bunch when I was into agility with Belle).
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)