Had a very nice private lesson

Thread: Had a very nice private lesson

debjen is offline Senior Member

DefaultHad a very nice private lesson

with Barb Davis tonight..we worked for about an hour ..we were outside at 6 pm and I was sweating by the time we were done.. I worked with Robbie first..we did some work on weave pole entries as that is where I kept losing him at our last trial back in July. He was actually doing pretty good but she gave me some tips on pushing the envelope on his entry angles and how to use my voice with the weave command to indicate approval instead of pulling him out with a "yes"...I told her we had been doing a running contact but that he was so fast I was thinking of working on some sort of stop on the contact so I could catch up..so she had me do the running contact on the dog walk as that is our biggest problem with me trying to catch up and she really encouraged me to keep the running contact and work on directionals off the contact..she said he had a great running contact and that we would be losing time if we went to some sort of stop..so we worked on the directionals off the dog walk and a frame..he did pretty good on the straight ahead and turning towards me..but we need to work on the flip away from me but he was starting to get it...She was very complimentary on Robbie and on his training which was very nice to hear...we also worked Cedar a little bit and she gave me some ideas on working him as he is much clinger than Robbie (who works very well at a distance) and Cedar watches me more than where he is going..so over all it was a great hour ..

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Had a very nice private lesson

Sounds like a wonderful training session. ;D

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

That is wonderful Deb! I do think private lessons help so much.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

sounds awesome

I'm jealous!

cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Wow, sounds like a very filled hour! Glad you had a good lesson. Wish we had someone of that caliber here.