a couple of random questions

Thread: a couple of random questions

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Defaulta couple of random questions

1. My grandfather lives out of state and is not going to be able to come to a show until Jan/Feb. Until then, is there some sort of non-dog person guide to what happens at a show so he can follow along with what I am telling him? He's so very excited for us when I call and tell him that Gabby did well, but I think he would like to know what the heck I am talking about...
    2. I noticed in some of my pictures from the heel free yesterday that my arms were moving "naturally"- ie, swinging. It was kind of random, since I never do that in practice, and hadn't done that during the heel on leash or f8. I haven't seen the score sheet yet (trainer has it) but can any of you tell me if that is a point deduction?
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: a couple of random questions

Quote Originally Posted by gabbys mom
    1. My grandfather lives out of state and is not going to be able to come to a show until Jan/Feb. Until then, is there some sort of non-dog person guide to what happens at a show so he can follow along with what I am telling him? He's so very excited for us when I call and tell him that Gabby did well, but I think he would like to know what the heck I am talking about...
    2. I noticed in some of my pictures from the heel free yesterday that my arms were moving "naturally"- ie, swinging. It was kind of random, since I never do that in practice, and hadn't done that during the heel on leash or f8. I haven't seen the score sheet yet (trainer has it) but can any of you tell me if that is a point deduction?
    On the heel off leash your hands can either be at your waiste or swing naturally from your side. BUT, you must do one or the other through the whole run and not switch back and forth.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org