Back from Pittsburg area (with resutls)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from Pittsburg area (with resutls)

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultBack from Pittsburg area (with resutls)

Not our best weekend but did have some good spots. We did not q in either class on Saturday. It was our first nq in Open B all year (in AKC shows)--he didn't drop. His heeling was much better all weekend and all the judges remarked about it. Utility he blew the signals. Someone walked in the door just as I gave the sit signal and he sat there looking until I gave the verbal. No go-outs.

Today go-outs were first. He did do the second one after we NQ'd and I kept telling him to "go!" but he did do one. The good thing was we lost only 1/2 point on the signal exercise. Our heeling is coming together finally! Also Caleb did do go-outs cold when we came into the building. It was the first time he did go-outs cold in a strange building. They were so nice I really did beleive we would do them in the ring. Oh well.

Open B today was wonderful. We won a three-way run-off for second place and another OTCh point. The competition was tough since many of the New York OTCh people came and some of the people were there working on their OTCh with their new dogs (one is a dog that all ready has multiple 200's--a Golden of course!). What was so encouraging were the OTCh people who were telling me that Caleb is so far ahead of schedule. We've had our UD for just four months and all ready have a dozen OTCh points. One told me that for a full year after her UD she did not get any points or UDX legs but then once he took off the dog has been doing well on both. So, I'm not discouraged. Will keep working on go-outs. I'm thrilled that we won the three way run-off (first place was a 197 1/2 and we had a 197) and that we actually lost no more that one point all weekend on our heeling in either class. That is a huge improvement for us!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Back from Pittsburg area (with resutls)

Glad you had a good weekend - heeling is such a basis for everything (except go-outs of course!) Caleb and you are such a GREAT TEAM! ;D

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Caleb and you are such a GREAT TEAM!
    I'll second that!!!

Yay you guys on the go-outs and the heeling!! We have much work to do ourselves on heeling, so watching teams like you and Caleb give us something to work towards!!
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Glad the heeling is getting better. I really like to watch a team that has great heeling!! Hang in there. Congrats on the run off. ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

labnpug is offline Senior Member

Sorry about the nq and the utility issues but glad you did so well today in Open B.
    Was Jane Jackson or Terri (blanking on last name) there with their labs?
    They both have some really nice working dogs. Jane is going to give a seminar in this area in May I think.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug
    Sorry about the nq and the utility issues but glad you did so well today in Open B.
    Was Jane Jackson or Terri (blanking on last name) there with their labs?
    They both have some really nice working dogs. Jane is going to give a seminar in this area in May I think.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    No, neither of them were there. We got the high scoring Lab stuff.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Well darn. At least you had some very nice bright spots.

Heeling is so important yet we spend so little time perfecting it. It's nice to see the hard work pay off in the scores.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

debjen is offline Senior Member

Sounds like a pretty good weekend even with just the 1 Q..

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - Sounds like the weekend had highs and lows but that overall - you were pleased with Caleb's work. I am "stunned" about an Open NQ - guess we have to remember that these are dogs and sometimes they will do something (or not do something) when we least expect it. I thought there would be a lot of people at the show you went to. The Toledo show had over 30 in Open B each day and about 25 each day in Utility. In Utility B on Sat there were two run offs - one between two BC's. You would have recognized quite a few of the handlers. Many Goldens and many BC's.
    Caleb is still young in terms of competition - many of these dogs are 7-10 years old. He will just get better and better. A woman with a Golden told Terry that after she got her UD - it took her 3 years to get her UDX. Seems that for some - OTCH points come quicker than UDX legs. I know we will be enjoying you and Caleb for many years to come. And if you lost less than 1 point on heeling each time in the ring WOW!!! See you at YABTC.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Another great weekend for you guys!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast