Sat NADAC trial results

Thread: Sat NADAC trial results

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultSat NADAC trial results

Wow! What a day. We did 6 runs with each dog. Meghan was helping with the 50/50 raffle and the jr handler raffle. They made $500 just today. ;D

Meghan & Essy:

Regular Round 1: Eliminated...literally. > Essy had a nice run going but she started getting stressed after Meghan had to call her back to the weaves and eventually pooped in the ring. Poor Meghan. What a way to start the season.
    Regular Round 2: 2nd place, no Q (nice run but didn't make time due to needing to restart Essy on a couple of obstacles. I was so proud of Meghan for pulling it back together after round 1)
    Chances: no Q, nice run but had to cross the distance line. It was further than the Open line and the jump was going away. : Way too tough for a novice chances IMO.
    Jumpers: 2nd, no Q (really nice job but didn't make time because Essy ran past 2 jumps but Meghan got her back on course with no attitude problems)
    Hoopers Round 1: 2nd place, Q That girl can RUN when she wants to. (first Q in NADAC ;D )
    Hoopers Round 2: 1st place, Q ( ;D...kind of makes me sad that we missed last nights hoopers run. They could have titled.)

Lydia & Murray:

Regular Round 1: 4th, no Q. He was a WILD man and feeling his oats. :
    Regular Round 2: 1st, Q (first Open regular Q)
    Chances: Q (its Q or NQ, no placements)
    Jumpers: 3rd, Q finished Novice Jumpers Title with an absolutely beautiful run
    Hoopers Round 1: NQ (he was nuts once he figured he could run flat out. I think he lapped me. )
    Hoopers Round 2: 1st, Q (much more controlled this time)

Hoopers was a blast and it's FAST which both dogs loved. They got to run flat out without worrying about knocked bars. There are lots of little gotchas which may require you to think on your feet (I HATE that and its why I walked off the first course after Murray had me so confused I didn't even know which way was the end of the course : ).

There are 3 tests in the middle of the ring. Novice only requires you to complete 2. There are 11 or so hoops on the outside edge of the ring in a horseshoe configuration. You must complete 3 hoops (min) and in the same direction before attempting a test (any test). Then you complete 3 hoops on the outside again, another test, etc.

If the dog passes one of the test hoops with all 4 feet (or takes a wrong hoop), you have to go back and take 3 more hoops on the outside before reattempting that test or a different one. If the dog back jumps a hoop on the outside you have to take 3 more hoops. This is why it quickly got out of control on our first run. Murray went around 1 hoop (ok...just take the next one) but then he came back thru it. Crap...now we are going the opposite direction...away from the test and need to take 3 more hoops putting us even further away. So I get him thru 3 more and back to the test then thru the next 3 hoops but he decides to take a 4th (not in my plan but its ok). I get him back to the 2nd test and he takes the first hoop the wrong direction. Back to the outside again for 3 more. Back to the test (one I hadn't walked). I get him thru 3 of the 4 hoops and he veers off to take a wrong hoop. That means we have to go back to the outside again. At that point I just said "never mind" and walked off the course. :-\

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Sat NADAC trial results

Lydia!!!

WOW!!!! Congrats to Meghan and Essy for their 2 Qs and to you and Murray for your title and Q !!! ;D

I was exhausted just reading your description of what you all had to do in Hoopers!! (What are the "test"s?)
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the first place!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Sounds good overall ..congrats to all

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom

(What are the "test"s?)
    They are all different. Yesterdays were mostly serpentines and threadles but it could be anything...usually 3-4 obstacle combos.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Thanks Lydia!!

That sounds like sooo much fun!!

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

labnpug is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the "q's" with your dogs.
    I am trying to picture this "hoopers" class -- we haven't had those yet around here.
    Are there no other obstacles or jumps, just hoops on stands? Since I've never seen one I can't practice with one either but I assume the dogs don't have trouble because they are like a tire? Any dogs try to go under or around them?
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug
    Any dogs try to go under or around them?
    You know, I was surprised to see that most dogs didn't have any issue with them. We have never seen a hoopers course before Sat so I had no idea what to expect. I just held one of Meghan's hula hoops and had the dogs jump thru it a couple of times before the class. Essy did try to go around it the first few times but she quickly figured it out. I think the ones on course were much clearer to her because they were held between two uprights (used zip ties to hold them on) and neither dog had any issue going thru them. I think they basically look like a skinny tires to the dogs.

I was hoping to take a picture of the hoops and a course this weekend but my camera battery died on Sat. I know there were several photographers there so when they post the pictures to their websites, I'll send you a link so you can at least see what the hoops look like.

Basically replace a jump bar with a hula hoop. The bottom of the hoop rests on the ground so there are no jump heights associated with the class and all levels run the same course. It would be similar to tunnelers in that regard.

If you are interested, I can send you the official rules and one of the courses (to the best of my memory).