Building Equipment

Thread: Building Equipment

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultBuilding Equipment

Found a great pattern for wings for jumps. Made a set of four of them today for our upcoming AKC Agility match. I think they came out pretty decently?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Building Equipment

Linda, those are awesome!!

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

brody is offline Senior Member

They look great

I spent quite a few hours putting together wing jumps much like that for the aac nationals

was quite the assembly party!

cheers
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labnpug is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Found a great pattern for wings for jumps. Made a set of four of them today for our upcoming AKC Agility match. I think they came out pretty decently?

Very nice!
    Where did you find the pattern?
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

You can also make the wings just out of the latice with out the PVC frame work. You cut the latice in the same patern then cut the top corner away from the jump off along the diagonal. Then to attach the wing to the jump just use a single nylon zip-tie/wire-tie at the top, leaving it loose enough to slide on and off the jump standard. They are very inexpensive to make store flat (you can fit 20 sets in the trunk of a car) and are very easy to remove between classes. Also people running into them are much less likely to fall down or get hurt.
    I will see if I can post a picture of them.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

brody is offline Senior Member

funny you'd say that - after many years of playing with agility I have actually fallen twice in September - once over a tunnel at a trial that I swear moved after our first time through it - I would have sworn I was on the the exact same path our second time round and Brody was being a bit lookie so I had both eyes on him - he sure paid attention to me after my crash

the second time was just last week in classs..when a wing jumped out and bit me! put a hole in my jeans and totally skinned my knee and let me realize that Sally really does think I am the most exciting thing on the planet especially flat on my ass!
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller

kaytris is offline Senior Member

Very nice! (would make a nice sideline business, too.. wanna ship a jump or two north?

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I've thought of making stuff and selling it, but honestly I just don't have the time. Time is a BIG thing with me, and I don't know why the but older I get, the FASTER time flies by. It's scary!!!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Very nice!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

Those look REALLY NICE Linda. I know what you mean about time flying by. Time is my most precious commodity- except for energy that is :P The best thing the "obedience Nazi" instructor ever did while i was taking classes under her was to have an afternoon work party for making jumps out of PVC pipe. I made a broad jump , a high jump and a bar jump - don't know what I'd do without them.