Agility with Sky

Thread: Agility with Sky

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultAgility with Sky

has been so much fun. She just loves it and has taken to it quite well. She is so funny because once she learns something she will keep doing it if you don't keep her with you. Last night she kept going thru the weave poles and last week over the A frame. I also found out she actually responds better to training with a ball/toy than food. We still haven't gotten fully back onto the dog walk, but she is now jumping up on to the dog walk plank on her own. We are trying to build up her confidence so that she won't hesitate when going back to the dog walk.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to cut back to just 1 night a week with the dogs so we are going to stop agility for now. My SU is helping me make weave poles and a contact trainer so I still plan to work with her, but I just can't do the classes. I figure if I can fit a private lesson in once a month hopefully we won't loose too much ground. I tend to get so much more out of a class/lesson than the discipline of working on my own. But I have to admit training agility is more fun than obedience, but I want to get Moose thru his CD first, finish the rally advance class with him and then decide what direction to take from there.

Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Agility with Sky

Yep, I use the ball as well. Ruger will run like a maniac for a toss of his ball.

Keep up with the practice. Just think of it as playtime with your dogs. I love working agility, but I've been very lax working obedience lately. Need to get motivated myself

labnpug is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dakkerdog
    We still haven't gotten fully back onto the dog walk, but she is now jumping up on to the dog walk plank on her own. We are trying to build up her confidence so that she won't hesitate when going back to the dog walk.
    Did she fall off the dog walk? My Jazz has done that several times and it has made her a bit unpredictable with strange dog walks. Today I mentioned that to my instructor and she suggested I teach her to turn around on the dog walk and by doing so she will start to feel more secure up there and balance better. Maybe that would help Sky.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

brody is offline Senior Member

my little little chihuahua gets the dog walk which she likes, confused with the teeter which still scares her ... sometimes she'll stop on the dog walk nearly exactly where the teeter would tip and back off a bit

I do TONS of shaping with ramps all over my lawn at different angles and I've taken the teeter right out of play for now - frustrating for me as she is really ready to show apart from that but I'm hoping by slowing way down we'll be raring to go soon...

I actually have found a break from formal lessons can be a good thing sometimes - it lets you work on the bond thing more
    http://andrea-agilityaddict.blogspot.com/

“I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.” H. Keller