Mata wins the Blue in Open A at LRC!

Thread: Mata wins the Blue in Open A at LRC!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

DefaultMata wins the Blue in Open A at LRC!

Fuji and Mata had a 9am ring time in Open A obedience on Thursday. A friend and I drove over Weds pm, got in late, but had a decent night's sleep but for one woof wake up at ~midnite or so when someone ran down the hall or stairs and made noise.

At the fairgrounds, we met Becky (Kidds Mom) and another gal from the net who had their dog in Novice both days. It sounded like a pretty tough day for almost all the obed dogs on Weds-- very smelly rings-- so I was a little bit concerned!!!! Mata got to go first and despite the smells and some good attempts on Fuji's part to distract her (Fuji got jealous and started to howl a few times cuz mom was "playing" with Mata in the ring!), she got thru the first exercises w/ a rather entertaining, yet solidly qualifying performance. Some of the folks probably never thought obed could be so fun w/ a lab! ;D Fuji was next.... again, pretty nice heeling all in all considering, but then we got to the dreaded Drop on Recall. Fuji had been anticipicating the drop there. Well, she came speeding toward me on the Come, Dropped upon command (but not all the way) and then rocketed up out of that to me way before the judges's signal... DARN!!!!!!! That NQ'd us!!!! The "little brown terd" anticipated a DIFFERENT part of the exercise. She needed 1 Q to title so it wasn't our day to do that. She was so comical (more giggles from the gallery...) it was impossible to be upset w/ her though! She finished the rest of the exercises w/a couple ditzy yet passing moments, and we readied ourselves for the group exercises. Since my friend Kris was there to help me w/ the sits/downs (they are out of sight but I still needed a handler for my 2nd dog) I gave her Fuji. How dejected Fuji was to be passed "off"-- usually I handle Fuji if I have 2 in the ring but Mata had a Q going and I didnt want jealousy or dejection to get in the way of a possible prize!!! Anyhow, w/ the 2 sitting side by side, we survived the Group exericises just fine, and Mata ended up being 1 of 2 qualifiers.... we proceeded to entertain some of the gallery while awaiting scores. Mata even gave free "huggies" to those who said how "Cute" she was. LOL. We were called back into the ring, 2nd place was announced and it wasn't us. Yes, Mata brought home the BLUE rosette from Open A!!!!!! Wooohooooo!!!!!!! And a new stuffed pheasant toy and pewter duck coaster. Mata had finished her CDX title ~10 days ago, so this was just an extra "insurance leg".

The rest of the day was spent watching the show ring (bitches showed), spending LOTS of $ on club t's, sweatshirts, rescue t's and raffle tickets (wow, you should have SEEN all the raffle items for both rescue and general fundraising-- health testing, etc). I submitted DNA cheek swabs for both the girls to be used for EIC (exercise induced collapse) research at U of MN, I think it was. Got to see and play w/ 2 boys I'm considering for breeding... and did lots of YAKKING!!! Fun day, even though Fuji did not finish her CDX! Here's our photo w/ the ribbons and pheasant: Mata is the black, and half Sis Fuji is the choc.

Oh, and Strider (Fuji's full brother) earned his 8th double Q in Agility on Tues! 12 to go til the MACH party!

-Anne and WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX JH RA CC "Mata" (2.5 yrs old) and Intl CH WindyCanyon's Sweetest Fuji CD RN JH CC "Fuji" (almost 4)
    Attached Images Attached Images

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Mata wins the Blue in Open A at LRC!

Love the picture. Sounds like all in all you had a good day. Congrats on the 1st play, that is awesome!!

labnpug is offline Senior Member

Congrats on the first place! Doesn't look rainy there which I'm sure was a relief to all.
    Wish I could have gone. I hope the rescue raffle did well.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Congrats!! It sounds like a really good day for you all.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

debjen is offline Senior Member

congrats on the blue....glad you had a good time

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug
    Congrats on the first place! Doesn't look rainy there which I'm sure was a relief to all.
    Wish I could have gone. I hope the rescue raffle did well.
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    The weather actually ended up pretty darned decent. I think there was some slick times at the agility trials though. It held off raining til after the JH test on Sunday. Now to hope for more of the same here this weekend as it's our annual agility trial weekend in Yakima! Mata and Jazz are making their debuts. Should be worth a few more laughs. ;D

All I know Deb is that my wallet came back alot emptier from the raffles! I think they did okay by the looks of it on Thursday. Lots of really nice stuff there that *I* didn't win! I did win from both the hunt test and general raffle though and my friend who went w/ me on Thurs won the Alaska Basket (apparently the crowd was calling for a re-draw since Kris wasn't present but we had already made arrangements w/ another to get it back to the area). LOL.
    -Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Congrats! That is wonderful!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org