What A Rude Bunch....

Thread: What A Rude Bunch....

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat A Rude Bunch....

Remember my Rant thread on Friday

https://www.justlabradors.com/forum/i...c,58885.0.html

Well, I got to the show grounds at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and my tent was down, thrown in a heap in the middle of the field!

I was livid. I put it back up and then sought out the club members and gave them a piece of my mind.

The VP never did show up to the show, or I'd have jumped her too.

The two women who actually took the tent down apologized to me and said they did try to set it up again but couldn't figure it out. And then they proceeded to tell me that the VP had told me I couldn't set up there. I told them she flat out lied.. .why would I take that much time and trouble setting the damn thing up if I had to move it???

When the vendor showed up, she came over to talk with me, and she told me that she told them they needed to call me. Nobody bothered. I wasn't upset with the vendor. In fact we got along quite well all weekend.

Anyway, as the afternoon went on, it got too hot in the tent for my dogs (I had originally set up in the Shade, now I was in full sun). So I pulled my crates out and set them up under the Park Shelter where several of my friends had set their crates.

Not twenty minutes went by when they came on the loud speaker and announced "Tomorrow no person may set up crates in the Shelter area"

They didn't even have a reason!!!

The funny thing was, more than a couple of times during the weekend the judge in the novice ring had NO ring crew, and the club was scrambling to help the judge.

Go figure. I gave up helping at their trials last year when they originally got $hitty with me. Seems a great majority of other folks have decided not to help as well.

I just can't figure how a club can so blatantly treat people who come and support their shows so poorly. And then they wonder why nobody volunteers to help them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: What A Rude Bunch....

So sorry you had such a stressful trial. I would be mad as well. Maybe when they cannot get anybody to help them any more they'll try to change things around.

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

What a crappy way to treat someone. > Unfortunately the same type of things happen out here as well (even saw a friend's tent taken down before an obedience trial just as you described). We also have a club out here that has some power hungry folks running it. It does not make anyone want to volunteer to help and makes what should be a fun weekend into a stressful one. I'm sorry you had this happen to you. I know your trials are limited so sometimes you just have to bite your lip and take their crap so you can play and that really sucks. :-\
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, but I don't bite my lip anymore. This group doesn't deserve me to play silent. They are a snipey bunch of power hungry women.
    I'm old enough now that I don't have to take crap from folks, I just let them have it. Makes me feel better anyway. If they want to treat me that way, fine, but they better expect that I'm going to stick up for myself.

patm is offline Senior Member

Wow - what nerve of them -- what in the world are people thinking when they do shit like that? Glad you gave them whatfor!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

What a crappy way to treat you...especially after giving you the go-around about the location the day before. I would be absolutely livid, and for some reason, I don't buy the part about not being able to set the tent back up. Grrrr....

I wouldn't give them another entry if my life depended on it, and I may even think about writing a letter to the board about my experiences, past and present, to explain why. Hopefully they get a clue and start making some serious changes about the way things get done.

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences...I don't blame you for being unhappy.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

That is terrible! Linda, I am so sorry you had to deal with that. Sounds like that club won't be around much longer.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

lcspt is offline Senior Member

I sorry they were so inconsiderate. I would think twice about entering their shows and I would definitely not work for them.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

The only reason I enter is that, honestly, we always have a fun time at this show. Most all of my students show here (it's local and USDAA which means mixed breeds can show). It's also the only agility trial Magnum gets to run in because I only show her in the fun classes (Snooker, Gamblers) where I can pretty much make up the course she runs and keep the jumping to a minimum (since her ACL repair). So I do it for my Mags and for my students.