I just don't know

Thread: I just don't know

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultI just don't know

I keep telling myself that Linda must see something in us as a team. Showed at a UKC obedience trial and did get our first leg towards our UCDX and another HIT. Score was certainly not the best--191 1/2. We lost 5 points alone on the broad. Ever since Canada in July he does not like the judge coming up behind him. His ears are plastered back and today he did an automatic finish again. I made a noise and he at least hesitated. Don't know what I am going to do about it. I know the judge we had today and talked to him afterwards. Told him the problem I have been having since July. If the judge is far away, it isn't a problem but if they are close at all........ So he said it would be a 3 point deduction for the double command but to go ahead and do it. He laughed and told me no training in his ring! We have been at a lot of shows together working on our UDX's. Nice man. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I just don't know

I'd try to get a few corrections in the ring. That's about the only way to get after him. You could also set him up with "judges" in practice and give him a correction. Or won't he do it outside of the ring?

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I just don't know

It might be worth it to NQ once by reminding him "front" (or whatever command you use) if he tries to auto-finish and hopefully that'll fix it in the ring. ???

It sounds like your trainer is very good and has a lot of obedience experience. She must see something! And I'd trust her.