A Rant....

Thread: A Rant....

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultA Rant....

Just got back from the trial site. I set up my tent for the weekend. The field over there is black mud, it's wet and the mosquitos are fierce.

It took me over an hour to set up my tent. While I was setting up, the gal that is the VP of the club came over and said, "Linda, I just want you to know that the vendor will be setting up here." I said to her, "Do I need to move? Where is she setting up?" She looked around at my stuff and said, "You know, you're okay, she can run her power cord behind you. I just wanted you to know that she'd be close to you, didn't know if that would bother your dogs." I said... "No, they will be fine."

So I continue setting up. It takes me almost an hour and a half, and I'm finished, and then another club member yells across the field, "Linda, you'll have to move that, that's where the vendor goes."

I yelled back, "Well, you should have told me that an hour ago!"

The vendor came over, obviously upset, and she said she could park her truck next to my tent.

Geez. This club is the PITS. I'm 99.9% certain this will by my last trial with them.

Just had to rant. My tent had better be there in the morning!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A Rant....

How frustrating! I'm sorry you had the problem! I'm sure your tent will be there in the morning. Is this the obedience club that you belong to? We're still planning on coming down in January.

From the verdon's point of view--so many clubs really give them the shaft about location and fulfilling their needs.

Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

Sounds like one hand didn't know what the other was doing. Sounds like it will work out OK though. I think the worse problem will be those mud flats and skeeters!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

This is the Low Country Dog Agility Club. I quit their club last year because of the dictatorship that rules there.

Once our club (Charleston Dog Training Club) gets approval from AKC to hold agility trials, I won't go to the USDAA show anymore. It's the only USDAA show I got to, and only because it's local. The other shows are all too far of a drive for me.

The club should have clearly marked the vendor areas. That's what we do at AKC trials, it's marked the night before so nobody set's up there.