Award question

Thread: Award question

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

DefaultAward question

OK I am sponsoring the high in trial lab for my dog club's Dec trial what do you think would be a nice gift? I was thinking of a gift certificate to J & J. Years ago Samantha took high in trial lab and she got a nice small silver box. What has everyone else gotten?
    Alicia

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Award question

For high combined I got a very nice small decoy at the Potomac specialty.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Hmmm lets see.... stainless steel water buckets or feeding dishes stuffed w/ goodies, cool pads, crate pads, battery operated fans...................
    What's your budget?????? ;D

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Oh, I like the duck decoy idea for a Lab. ;D Maybe an Armadillo foam decoy (one of the JL sponsors).

Some items I've seen given depending on funds available are leather leash, subscription to Front and Finish, professional photo, throws, stuffed animals, coffee cups, g/c to Max 200 (I think that's how Susan got her dumbbells), towels, etc. Be creative. What would YOU like to win.

Hey, if you have time, buy some paw print or bone print fleece (or Lab fleece if you can find it), cut 1" strips around the edges, tie knots in the strips, and wahlah, you have a beautiful blanket. My daughter has several of these blankets and she loves them. I steal them from her whenever I get the chance too.

Just did a quick internet search...look what I found.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Labrador-Retriev...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-Brown-Yell...QQcmdZViewItem

This one is really cute too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Snuggle-ADORABLE...ayphotohosting

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I have recieved some really nice things and some rather silly things. Toys do get old after awhile, especially for HIT. Today we got a wonderful picture frame with HIT inscribed on it which is nice for those of us newer at getting HIT's. We have gotten cash, which is always nice. We have gotten a Waterford crystal bowl. Gift certificates for J&J or Max200 are always useful. Got a Labrador sun catcher (from Huron River Specialty). I didn't get this as a trophy but something from Stibbar--wonderful leashes and collars (where I got my matching set from for Caleb) www.stibbar.com and let me think what else. Even mugs get old--people I know who have multiple OTCh/HIT dogs have gotten so much that it is a challenge to find something really nice and creative.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

millstonekennel is offline Senior Member

Thanks that gives me some ideas.
    Alicia

Oh, I got a really neat set of kitchen towels at Queen City--dish cloth and towel with a lovely Lab on it. Very useful!
    Susan

www.labmed.org

labnpug is offline Senior Member

I am in charge of trophies for our big all-breed shows/trials each May in my area. Some things that have been popular are embroidered towels (can get breed or kennel club logo on them), tote bags filled with toys/treats, stainless steel buckets or nice ceramic bowls filled with toys treats, etc. There is a person who has labs who has a dog biscuit bakery and she does lovely baskets (just donated one for the rescue auction at the National this coming week). I have used her to do our trophies. Susan knows who I mean -- Debbie at Buddy Bone Bakery is the person. Treats are all natural, too. http://www.buddybonesbakery.com She is now making donkey/horse treats for me so is very willing to design what you want.

BTW, congrats on your RAE leg!
    Deb H.
    www.dunnsmarshlabs.com
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

Quote Originally Posted by labnpug
    Treats are all natural, too. http://www.buddybonesbakery.com She is now making donkey/horse treats for me so is very willing to design what you want.
    Caleb loves her stuff!!!! I know with Caleb and some other dogs we have to give away the treats since they don't/can't do the wheat and corn. More people are opting to not give their dogs wheat or corn so some natural wholesome treats would be nice, too.
    Susan

www.labmed.org