Finally ordered our first set of scent articles!!!

Thread: Finally ordered our first set of scent articles!!!

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultFinally ordered our first set of scent articles!!!

Just a couple of days ago, I finally ordered our first set from Max200. I know that I'll need to get another set soon, but will have to wait till couple more paychecks to save up some money. I am so excited! I know that Scotty's nose works just fine, so I hope that articles won't be a problem to teach. He pretty much knows all of the other exercises for Utility. Gloves were so easy with his great retrieve, but we still need to work on a nice turn. With his directed jumping, I think I have to signal with my hands at 4 and 8 o'clock instead of 2 and 10 o'clock because he get confused with his "over" casts if I raise my hands too high. We've been working in his signals for over a year and almost as long on his go-outs. I tried some moving stands and he does ok stopping; he's rock solid on the exam part. So, I hope that we can learn articles over the winter, finish our CDX in the fall, and maybe try Utility in the spring. Sounds scary.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Finally ordered our first set of scent articles!!!

Oh that is sooooooooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still have my first set of scent articles! Utility can be so frustrating but it is so much fun!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

HA! Your first set of many. I have 3.

I loved teaching articles. The dogs seem to love the game too. It's so fun to see the lightbulb go on. I enjoy watching Murray figure it out. He usually knows which article is correct as soon as he runs out to the pile but he's still not confident so he checks/compares every single article to that one. It's really funny to watch.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Cool, Tatyana! I have a set that a friend of mine gave me (his old ones) and I worked with Libby a bit on them before I started showing Monty. I can't wait to start back up with some of that! I ended up getting a great "around the world" handout sent to me from someone here, and it was working great while I was still doing it. Good luck- you guys will have that UD title in no time, I'm sure!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon