Huron River was Caleb's good bye...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huron River was Caleb's good bye...

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultHuron River was Caleb's good bye...

to the breed ring that is. Had class with my OTCh handler/instructor yesterday and I was the only one who showed up! So, great to have a private! We did some work and then we talked. Well, actually she talked. She is so impressed with Caleb's improvemtns, even though we are still having issues with go-outs in the ring. She told me she feels he is tournament material. She said she has not seen a "breed" Lab with this kind of potential in the obedience ring. She feels that we could even be one of the top Labrador teams in the nation and with a good chance of in invite to the Eukanuba! My head is still spinning! I'm actually a little scared! So, after talking to my husband and e-mailing his breeder, I think we'll consentrate on the obedience and see where we end up. I'll still work on his UKC Grand but with AKC, the obedience will be the priority. I'm kind of sad that I won't have anything to show in the breed ring, but I really think Caleb is that "once in a life-time" dogs and I really want to give him a shot at it. Ok, part of it is to let people know that a "breed" Lab can excel in obedience. So, unless there is a really special breed judge Huron River was Caleb's good bye to the breed ring.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Huron River was Caleb's good bye...

I know it is hard to make that decision, I made the same one...for now.

Ruby is retired from the breed ring until she is a veteran, or something really convenient comes up!

Caleb is something special, I absolutely agree!

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I know it may be a tough decision to make, but WOW! What an honor to have a dog of that caliber that you "have" to make that decision! Take that beautiful boy as far as you can. These opportunities do not present themselves often, and unless you neuter him, you are not out of the breed ring forever!

Good luck to you and Caleb!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

It wonderful that your trainer believes in Caleb and you so much. I know that it's very very hard for a Labrador to get invited to the National because there are just so many competing. Sounds like you really have a good chance of doing it! You can always return to the breed ring later; Caleb will only keep his nice form by training and exercising, but the top performance level is rather fleeting. Keep us posted on the progress. I guess you're aiming for the next National then. What are the requirements to get invited?

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    What are the requirements to get invited?
    Have an OTCh for a Lab and be one of the top two teams. That's why I just can't imagine making it. But, we'll see! He's relatively young yet so he should have a long competition life.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

patm is offline Senior Member

Oh Wow Susan! We'll say we "knew you when"!

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

We'll be rooting for you!!!! -Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

It's always good to set the bar high! Caleb is one cool working dog, and you are a wonderful trainer as well.

I'm glad you won't be in the breed ring. We wont' have to worry about you running across our fairgrounds in the mud this year to get to the breed ring on time

The breed labs around here do not look like Caleb. They are boxier and heavier and shorter. I like Caleb's looks better

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

WOOHOO Susan!!!!!

That's amazing!!! ;D

We're one of Team Caleb's biggest fans!!
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Susan - I want you to remember that I told you on Friday (way before your lesson) that I could see you and Caleb at the Obedience Invitational in a year or so. Terry has been saying the same thing to many of the people we show with in Ohio - "There is lab showing in Open that will knock your socks off once he starts to have the same success in Utility." Caleb just has to figure out he can do as well in Utility as he does in Open and once he gets those go outs down, there will be no stopping the pair of you. I'm with Pat - we can say we knew that dog when he was just starting his UDX career. Maybe we should all plan a trip to the Invitational when you and Caleb go there to compete!!! And Recon doesn't need the competition in the breed ring!!!!LOL. Betsy
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast