Multiple Registries

Thread: Multiple Registries

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

DefaultMultiple Registries

How many of you all show in multiple registries (UKC, CKC, CARO, ASCA)? What is the purpose of it for you?

<br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Multiple Registries

I show in AKC and USDAA.

Purpose? I'm not sure what you mean. I show AKC because I have AKC registered dogs. I registered them with USDAA as well because we have a local trial twice a year and it's fun

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

I show Henry in CKC, AKC and CARO, and may add NAMBR to that.

When I decided to start competing in rally last year, the only Canadian registry that offered rally was CARO (Canadian Association of Rally Obedience). The CKC didn't recognize rally as a title-able thing until just this year.

At that time, we lived a stone's throw from the Ont/NY state border, so competing in AKC rally just made sense.

Then this year, when CKC finally recognized rally, we naturally had to start doing CKC rally!

While at a show for AKC rally last year, I got bitten by the obedience bug, and thus began the showing in CKC and (hopefully soon) AKC obedience. We've since moved, but I'm still within a few hours of both Michigan and NY state, so it's do-able.

NAMBR is the North American Mixed Breeds Registry. Purebred dogs can compete (at a higher fee), often there are trials closer to home, inbetween CKC or AKC trials.

The purpose of multiple registries? I think for us it was something to do. It was a way to give us both more ring time and experience, and from that, confidence.

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I show in AKC and USDAA.

Purpose? I'm not sure what you mean. I show AKC because I have AKC registered dogs. I registered them with USDAA as well because we have a local trial twice a year and it's fun
    Sorry, should have been more clear. I was thinking more those that get UKC and AKC CDs. Is it for the titles? Or for ring practice?

I'm considering registering Gabby in UKC to get more practice at the Novice level..
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I show in obedience in AKC, UKC and CKC. I enjoy going to Canada to show--slightly different. UKC is even more different. I like to work with my dog and so I show in the different registries.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I show in AKC, UKC and ASCA obedience. Other registries provide more opportunities to go into the ring with you dog. UKC and ASCA are also more relaxed than AKC here. It's just triple the fun!

Kzunell is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gabbys mom
    Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I show in AKC and USDAA.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I was thinking more those that get UKC and AKC CDs. Is it for the titles? Or for ring practice?

I'm considering registering Gabby in UKC to get more practice at the Novice level..
    You can Compete in Novice B Obedience forever..Unless you get a "High in Trial" HIT. Once you get a HIT you can no longer compete in Novice. You can also compete in Novice A for 60 days following your completion of your CD, and HIT's in Novice A do not count toward getting you kicked out of Novice.
    But by the time you get a HIT you really don't need any more practice in novice do you?

Amber is registered in AKC, UKC, NADAC, USDAA, CPE, And something else that I can't think of. I registered with alot of the agility venues before I learned I could go to an AKC agility trial every weekend here if i wanted to. I haven't done a UKC obed trial yet but there is one coming up I might try (4 shows in 2 days).
    I might do some of the other venues in Agility now because I am a course builder for one of the trial secrataries and get free entries for any show I work.

Kelly and Amber
    Kelly and Greenwoods Amber Wave CD RA OA NAJ OF WC CGC CL1-F SW<br />Chino CA<br /><br /><br />

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

I do UKC and AKC. They are slightly different in what they ask for. UKC is based only about 20 miles from here and there are sooooo many trials and hunt tests that I could compete just about every weekend within an hour and half if I wished. Also UKC conformation is more fun and they have the Total Dog Awards at some shows. I have never done ASCA, but may with Kodi and Hoss as there are trials about 1/2 hour away once or twice a year.

Just more ways to spend money on my dogs!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

I enjoy showing so by being registered with different orgs, we are able to show in some venue almost every weekend during show season (Sept-Mar). We are registered with AKC, ASCA, NADAC, USDAA. We also have ADPT and DOCNA here but I haven't registered with them yet and there are rumors about a possible UKC club which I would be very interested in simply because the classes are different and it gives me something new to train for.

I show AKC because I have an AKC registered dog. These are the big shows and are lots of fun. In AKC, we can do obedience, rally, conformation, hunt tests, tracking, etc.

I show ASCA mostly for training. The titles are just a bonus. ;D These are very small, casual shows held every month. They are perfect for finding out areas you need to work on since we don't have a lot of matches here. The entry fees are usually 1/2 that of AKCs, you can sign up the day of a trial, and they often have 2 trials/day so you can title in one weekend.

NADAC and USDAA are different agility orgs. They have more games and different games than AKC and different from each other. I love NADACs special skills classes (tunnelers, touch-n-go). Now they have a new class called hoopers where the dog jumps thru hula hoops that are on the ground instead of jumping over jumps. Games like Tunnelers and hoopers are also really good for older dogs that still want to play but may not be able to handle the jumping like they used to or for dogs that have joint issues so you don't want to jump them a lot. NADAC also allows training in the ring so if you are having an issue with something, you can retry it without being whistled off the course. I don't enjoy USDAA as much because they cater to the BCs (although NADAC is also starting to lean that way). The jumps are higher (Murray would have to jump 26"), the A-frame is higher, and the courses are tighter (too tight for a large dog to manuever). I do run USDAA occasionally when I don't have anything better to do. USDAA has an awesome jr handler program though so my daughter competes in their jr handler trials.

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

All of my dogs are AKC registered by birth, but I registered them in UKC to take advantage of more opportunities to show. Up to now we have not taken advantage of it but I plan on trying for U-CH's with a couple of mine as well as U-CD's.