I feel so bad.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel so bad.....

Baloo317 is offline Senior Member

DefaultI feel so bad.....

UPDATE:

This week's class was AWESOME!!! Baloo was totally "on" and our instructor gave us a bunch of great compliments!!!

I was so proud. ;D It really illustrated how bad he must have been feeling last week, but at least he's better now, and I'm happy!!

Last week in class we were working on heeling. This is something that Baloo ordinarily LOVES (He seems to be very visually oriented, loves staring at you. It's a little creepy sometimes.... ) That and he'll follow someone with food (doesn't have to be me) anywhere. Anywhere at all!

So last week was the first time we started going around the ring heeling. (before it was just in short bursts) There are three other dog/handler teams in the arena.

I would get Baloo focused in heel position, and then we would start moving. And he would start pulling/sniffing like a freight train. Wouldn't even look at me. To make matters worse, not only is everyone else doing it perfectly, but we have a guest instructor, as our usual one was away. :-[

I was so upset I could almost feel tears welling up. I was sooo frustrated and mad and embarrassed. Why had he done it perfectly so many times, and yet in class (under a guest instructor) he was acting like this was something we had never ever done before???

And then we get back to our spot, and he's still super distracted. He starts sniffing/circling. He "assumes the position". It was only then that I realize, "we need to get outside - NOW". We barely make it outside when he has a major diarrhea episode. (see H&N for our food troubles)

Poor baby had to go to the bathroom. He tried to tell me, loud and clear, and I missed it until the last second. Poor Baloo, I felt like such a bad "mom". :-\
    Kate
    Baloo - 5 year old black lab
    Peanut - 7 year old minpin
    Monster - 3-ish year old frenchie/jack, rescue
    We're Superdogs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I feel so bad.....

Ohhhh, poor Baloo!!! :-[

Don't beat yourself up, Kate, these things happen. Apparently last Thurs was quite the day for near-misses in the ring... a great dane had to go, and left a big trail of pee as his/her owner ushered him/her out the door!! LOL! We had to be careful of the wet ring mats! This would have been the class after yours, before ours.

You guys had Anne too? Isn't she neat?

He seems to be very visually oriented, loves staring at you. It's a little creepy sometimes....
    Could you imagine if you had a border collie then?
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Hey, $hit happens ;D

Remington did this at the vet. He got a shot and then whined and whined. He had to crap... and he did.. all over the exam room.

When you have pets, this stuff just happens.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

I can sympathsize (can't spell however!) Emilu NEVER goes number 2 anywhere else but home, so I never worry about her. One night in class she was acting funny. I wasn't paying much attention to her (instructor was doing some " lecturing") and suddenly she walked away from me and "assumed the position" - boy - we hustled out of there and she let loose with a large, loose stool. It's the only time I've ever seen her have a loose stool too :-\

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

Thats happened to us, too, except Gabby was being weird during an about turn and she was doing the horse-poop-while-walking-thing.

Oh, and I let my brother hold her at the in-gate at our first show (Rally Novice)- she was five months old. God, she was probably barely housetrained, now that I think back (she had some major UTI issues during housetraining). About two minutes before she goes into the ring, she's standing with my brother, and PEES EVERYWHERE- all over the warm up ring (it was an indoor show). I could have died. She did get third in the class and qualify but we waited close to a year to show again... (Oh, man, and at that show, people were coming up to my brother and going "is that your lab? i'd really like to breed my boy to her." my brother is a non-dog person, but he's a goofball, so he was giving out his business card, and pretending gabby was his and wasn't already scheduled to be spayed. Ridiculous. ).

Anyway, happens to everyone.

<br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

imported_Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Yup, been there! Kodi "assumed the position" when she was in pupy class, an as I scooped her up (she was still small enough), I received a handful of poop as we were headed out the door!

At a recent Rally trial, I fed Kodi and Belle an apple after they were done. About a 1/2 hour later, I took each for a walk. Belle, who I have to on occasion matchstick in order to get her to poop at a show kept lagging as we were touring the show grounds. Very uncharacteristic of her, she was pooping as we were walking through the crowd!
    Karen and<br />UAG1 SHR UCDX GRCH Tracker Belle of Bedford RAE JH CDX TT WCX WC CGC (Belle)<br /><br />UCD SHR GRCH BIMBS BBI Belle&#39;s Kodiak Dreamweaver JH UD RAE TT WC CGC (Kodi)<br /><br />SHR UCH BBI Ponderosa&#39;s Big Blond Guy JH RE TT WC CGC (Hoss)

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom

You guys had Anne too? Isn't she neat?
    I was too busy wishing she was Marie so that she would know that we weren't that bad all the time. :-[

She was probably great, I was just having to much of an "off" week to notice, to be honest.

I'm not upset that it happened. Sheesh, Baloo peed in the middle of the ring in his "conformation debut" (). I'm just upset that I was so mad at him for embarrassing me when he was trying to communicate a need. I feel like I should've "gotten the hint" way earlier, now that I think back. :-[

Kate
    We're Superdogs!

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

Okay then, BAD KATE!! YOU'RE AN AWFUL, BAD DOG MOMMA!!! 100 lashes with a wet noodle!!!

(do you feel better now?? )

I totally forgot about the peeing during his conformation debut!! LOL!!! Ballooooo!!

Hope you have a better class tomorrow! Oops, I mean Thursday... *brain fart*

Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I think we've all done something similar. This past Labor Day weekend when I was showing in Michigan, Caleb had all these automatic finishes and just wasn't acting quite right. We were last team in so we had the group exercise right away. We then went back in for our ribbon. Then he pulled me out of the ring out to the grassy area and had the runs! Poor boy! He did all that having to go!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by henrysmom
    Okay then, BAD KATE!! YOU'RE AN AWFUL, BAD DOG MOMMA!!! 100 lashes with a wet noodle!!!

(do you feel better now??&#160; )

I totally forgot about the peeing during his conformation debut!! LOL!!! Ballooooo!!

Hope you have a better class tomorrow! Oops, I mean Thursday... *brain fart*

Hee hee, I feel better. Sometimes a good beating is just what the doctor ordered!!&#160; ;D&#160; (*j/king*)

He *seems* to be doing well on the Fromm's (We also went to the vet and got flagyl so he's on that too for awhile.) So hopefully we won't have any more "episodes" that interrupt class!

Hope yours goes well too!!
    Kate
    We're Superdogs!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast