I've entered Moose in a Rally Adv. class that starts in Dec.

Thread: I've entered Moose in a Rally Adv. class that starts in Dec.

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

DefaultI've entered Moose in a Rally Adv. class that starts in Dec.

He is doing fine in Novice Obedience so I'm going to continue to just trial in that for this fall. There is a show at the end of October and a few others thru Dec. that I will enter and continue to hopefully improve our scores - but not do any rally - just obedience.

We will take a Rally Adv. class from the trainer I have now that starts in Dec. I'm hoping by the end of the year we will have our CD and then just concentrate on Rally Adv. I think for Moose that would be a much more logical approach if we decide to continue on to open. The class is 8 weeks long and I'm hoping by the end of it he will be ready to try again.

On a good note - I took him to the vet on Sat. to have her look at a cyst on his elbow (which it turns out not be anything to worry about) and he has lost 4lbs since May. He weighed in at 88 and my goal for him is 85 so we are halfway there.

Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: I've entered Moose in a Rally Adv. class that starts in Dec.

I'm sure you will enjoy Rally Adv.

I guess I'm the odd ball. I used the Rally classes as a means to improve my regular obedience performance. Since you can talk to and encourage the dog in Rally, I used it to loosen Ruger up and have a bit of fun with him. I never trained for it. We just went in and did it... and continued to do our Open class as well. It helped his attitude a LOT!

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

I actually think I'm the odd ball here. For some reason I can't get Moose's attention at all in Rally Adv. I think because Nov. Obedience is starts on leash and the off leash portion is pretty straight forward it is just easier to keep Moose's attention. In Rally Adv. I take the leash off and his attitude changes completely - it doesn't in obedience. I'm sure if I tried to work with him on Open exercises I'd see something similar. I'm hoping that focusing on the rally exercises off leash will help when we start open obed. training.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

We are going to start doing Rally Ex. while we work on Open in order to keep Maddy motivated and positive. I wish Grad Novice were a titling class already!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

How fun!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org