Our horrible Open A performance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our horrible Open A performance

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultOur horrible Open A performance

Well, we did pretty bad in Colorado. I blame myself for letting Scotty play for 2.5 hours on Saturday night with Hannah's dogs. He was tired on Sunday morning and was very laggy in his heeling. Even worse, he did not drop on his DOR and did not return over a jump on his ROJ. Grrrrrr..... I won't make the same mistake again. From now on, he's going to be resting the night before trial. He just does not have that much energy/stamina.

On the other hand, it was a beautiful drive from Utah to Colorado and back. And it was nice meeting Hannah (Cinder) and her pups. We had nice dinner in my hotel room and chatted for a while. The weather was clear, sunny, windy and a bit chilly. On the way back, I stopped in Vail for lunch. Vail is so beautiful, it's unreal. I need to go there for a vacation in September-October. Absolute breathtaking.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Our horrible Open A performance

Yeah, those of us who actively compete think we're mean--we don't allow the dogs to play or socialize much before a trial. Between the lack of attention and being too tired--it makes a huge difference! Sorry about the bad run, but you certainly are gaining ring experience--the kind that classrooms can't teach. You'll continue to improve!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Hey, you guys did better than us!!!! It was nice meeting you and Cinder briefly. Maddy did pass and win FIRST place in Grad Novice. Of course, in the class that didn't count!!! Didn't I hear that Grad Novice may become a real class in 2008??

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Tatyana - I agree with Susan - sometimes the lessons learned of what not to do are as important as what to do. And sometimes no matter what you do, a dog is still a dog!!! If you had a nice weekend all and all, then it was worth it. You will only get better. I've been to Vail in the fall - its always so beautiful. Sounds like your drive was a long one but when the fall weather is sunny and a little cool, it always makes me feel happy to be alive. And if I'm with my pups, even better. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

Yeah, those of us who actively compete think we're mean--we don't allow the dogs to play or socialize much before a trial. Between the lack of attention and being too tired--it makes a huge difference!
    I think Hannah thinks I"m mean already. I told her that we wound not do a dog park but was hoping that spending some time in the hotel room would not be too bad. We have trials in Idaho in two weeks. Another obedience friend invited us to drive in her RV and split the costs to the shows. She does conformation as well and my trainer advised me to drive by myself so that Scotty will be able to rest in our motel room instead of the RV with other dogs. So, yeah, lesson learned!

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

I have traveled with friends who have dogs Caleb really likes but we certainly keep a lid on things until after the weekend is about over. Then they actually don't want to play much!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Tucker. is offline Senior Member

Sorry Tatyana :

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

We just drove thru that part of Colorado on our vacation in August - it really is beautiful!

Sorry you didn't do better, but gald you learned Scotty's limits as to what he can and cannot do.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear this. I was hoping you'd go three for three and get your title!

Ruger got his first two legs back to back at our club's show.. .and then it took us 17 more shows to get the last leg

I was hoping you'd go three for three and get your title!
    We could not have gotten the title no matter what. This judge gave us our first CDX leg and you need 3 different judges. So, it's not THAT big of a deal. It's only our second AKC NQ ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast