WE'RE ALMOST THERE - Nine down and one to go

Thread: WE'RE ALMOST THERE - Nine down and one to go

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultWE'RE ALMOST THERE - Nine down and one to go

We had a very long weekend - 4 shows and three UDX legs - whoopee!!! On Friday we did the Huron River Lab show and the Monroe MI KC show. Terry and Shamrock qualified all the way around and earned two UDX legs. Even better - 1st place in Utility B - so one OCTH 1st completed - plus 2 more points and High Combined. (Susan and Caleb were HIT at this trial.) We got to meet Melissa and Ruby and Dani and Rider and that was fun to have faces and pups to match signatures. Melissa has told her tale of great success that day and Ruby is a sweetie. Next time we will spend more time with our JL new pals so we can get to know them better.
    Saturday and Sunday we went to the Tarhe show in Bucyrus. Saturday was a disaster. First in Utility - Terry sent Shamrock over the High Jump twice and Shamrock didn't sit during the signals, so of course big NQ. Open wasn't much better, although Qing until the Long Sit and Shamrock went down - something he has never done ever even in Novice. I think both Terry and Shamrock were pooped. We regrouped for Sunday and much better. Third in Utility and one more point and Q in Open so Leg 9 completed. Terry said at this pace for OTCH points, Shamrock will be very very old before he gets an OTCH but I am really hoping he finishes his UDX at the next trial which is Oct. 13/14.
    Even though the driving was exhausting, it was beautiful weather. Blue skies, in the high 70's. I had never been to Bucyrus before so that was fun. Nice old town in Ohio and people at the show were so kind and lovely. We should have skipped Saturday and rested, but in the end it was a fantastic weekend.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: WE'RE ALMOST THERE - Nine down and one to go

Great news! I have been thinking about you and Terry and Shamrock all weekend! I could not wait to get home to see what happened!!!! CONGRATS! One more to go!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

CONGRATS!!!! What a huge accomplishment. I hope the last leg won't be too far away.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!! How wonderful!!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Very nice job! That last leg will be here soon enough. Don't wish away that time in the ring. It already goes so fast.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! Sounds like you had a really nice weekend.
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Lydia - Good advice. All I have to do is watch. My husband does all the tough work in the ring. I asked him on Saturday what his plans were after he finishes Shamrock's UDX because our pup won't be ready for at least 18 mos to 2 years. Our deal was that I could start Agility again after Shamrock got his UDX.
    Maybe we will do that. I told Terry he should keep showing Shamrock - good ring experience and maybe that OTCH is a possibility. Guess we'll have to see how things develop. It will be a nice accomplishment when Terry and Shamrock earn their UDX. Terry has really worked hard this year and I think he and Shamrock will get better if he keeps showing. B
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Awesome work! Big congratulations.

And now you've managed to make me homesick too. I grew up just ~20 miles west of Monroe!!! -Anne

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Simply Amazing! I stand in awe of those of you doing this. I wish I could do it. Too few shows around my parts and I don't have the time or the $$ to travel the way some do.

I know you will get that last leg soon!!!