Today's practice

Thread: Today's practice

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultToday's practice

I met my training buddies for practice today because we wanted to simulate attending a 2 day show. Murray did so much better with his new articles. ;D We were really mean with the distractions for gloves. There were 2 people sitting very close on either side of glove 2 playing with toys and one standing behind it banging a plastic tube. We placed glove 3 short (1/2 distance) and just off to the right of 2. Murray had to go past a pinwheel blowing in the wind. He kept going for 3 since it was closest but he finally figured it out and was so proud of himself. He did some beautiful go outs and we practiced cross jumping.

One of my buddies also told me I need to show a more significant change of pace normal to fast and back to normal. I told her it's a force of habit not to run really fast because the judges always start the fast too late for my long strides so the command is FAST. NORMAL/ABOUT!! and I end up slamming on the breaks which isn't fair to Murray. Anyway, she ran my butt off today. She wouldn't let me stop until I got it right. She also worked with Meghan and Essy on attention, footwork and heeling. Unfortunately this was our last training session with the group before our next obedience show since we have concerts, agility trials, and obedience shows every weekend for the next 6 weeks.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Today's practice

I love training with distractions!

I'm so jealous that you have trials for the next six weeks. We just don't have enough of them around here. It's the pits. I so wish we had more to choose from.

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

Busy! I think Zeke might die if I showed him that much :P (He slept all the way home after just a rally run thru...being so enthusiastic and frenetic takes a lot out of him)
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Oh they are definitely tired but remember a tired Lab is a good Lab.

Linda, you just have to move out here. Of course you need to bring your farm with you so I can have a nice place to train.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE