Filling out ASCA entry form - HELP ?

Thread: Filling out ASCA entry form - HELP ?

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultFilling out ASCA entry form - HELP ?

Disclaimer: I have never filled out this sort of thing before

So, since Zeke has no titles in ASCA I'd call him a Standard class Novice A dog and then I could choose between the games, right?

Since he's 23" does that mean I can choose between the 20+ and 24" heights, or is he automatically 24" ? He doesn't need to be measured since he's over 20" correct? (I think the premium said that)

What would you do for an easily frazzled greenish handler and dog? Which classes? How many? One or two days?

Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to figure out what I should do :P
    Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Filling out ASCA entry form - HELP ?

The last time I entered an ASCA show there were only 3 choices (along with A or B classes) novice, open or utility. Kona already had his AKC CD and therefore I entered novice B. Even though I was training for open I could not enter their open class without getting a CD in their registry.

What classes are you looking at? Can you post a site for the premium?

I don't know what the rules are for ASCA but in the AKC you could jump Zeke either 22' or 24" (I use both for Kona).
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

ZRL

Ah well....my sources tell me the point is now moot anyway because I am unable to go. I will just scout out a different show now :P

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

If he jumps 24" in AKC, he will jump 24" in ASCA.

ASCA rules are almost exactly the same as AKC with a few minor exceptions.

AKC doesn't recognize any other org titles but ASCA does recognize other org titles so if you have an AKC title, you will need to compete in the B class for that same level in ASCA (for example, I finished Murray's AKC CDX before his ASCA CDX so we competed in B classes in ASCA. If we had completed the ASCA CDX first, we could have stayed in the A class for AKC).

I do know that once you get to utility there is a difference for articles (must send after a sit where AKC allows for the option of a direct send).

Wait...you said 20+ height and "games"...are you talking about agility? If so, ASCA agility follows NADAC rules. NADAC did away with the 24" height class so they have 20 and 20+ as the top heights. ASCA may not have updated their entry forms.

<br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

ZRL

Sorry, I meant agility. But we can't go now, so I am in search of a new trial now.