My beautiful girlie...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My beautiful girlie...

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

DefaultMy beautiful girlie...

Made me cry today in public :-\

The judge we had today I have long admired, and I entered her more for sentimental reasons. Dan trains with our club sometimes, his newfie Mulligan and Ruby are bestest friends, and have been since he was knee high to well...me, cause thats how big he was in the puppy classes with Ruby!

So we drove, and as we got closer, I thought "We've been here before" and sure enough, we had been. (Is that a sign that I have been to too many shows? That I can't remember being at that site before?)

So we get there (Promptly at 11:30am, cause Roo really doesn't need a lot of settle time) and they hadn't even finished the Utility dogs, so we went on a long walk and she sat in her crate and chilled, while momma read some of her new book...

The novice A's...well Dan saw me, and he gave all of us the walk through of a life time, there was another sweet labby boy that went first. Egads, Ruby has to do the long down next to him...shutters.

We heeled, and boy did we heel. No points off. Figure 8, same thing. Stand for exam, she nearly wiggled herself straight over for Uncle Dan, which I knew was going to happen.

Off lead heeling, perfect. Recall, perfect. Swing finish, a touch crooked.

We left the ring to a standing ovation, as the other ring had just stopped running, everyone sat and watched us. And of course, Ruby is looking for her hot dogs, so while everyone is patting her and me, we make a bee line for her crate for her "Cash and Prizes" (AKA chicken hot dogs)

So now I am thinking, alright Roo, now you have to screw it up with your long downs. Lets go back.

Two more dogs run through, and then Sits...Ruby Roo stayed while the others had a free for all. Then, gasps, the DOWNS.

I don't think that dogs can understand all of English, but I certianly think they understand more English then we do dog. However, I understood as I put Ruby down, that she wasn't going to move. There was just something comfortable about the look on her face, where usually I see stress.

She stayed.

And when I released her, I cried. In front of everyone like a moron. I had tears running down my face, and I looked like a mess. We left the ring for her cash and prizes and everyone was following us. I don't know why I cried, she already had the friggin title. It didn't matter if she stayed or not.

So we go back for ribbons and she got 1st place, with a 197. This is relevant, because Dan had only Q'd one dog total that day, until us. He is a notoriously hard judge. He grabbed me and hugged me, and told us we did a good job, and Ruby did her super jump up and smooch you on the face. It was priceless.

The other judge, however qualified quite a few more, and we got our nice medallion...and another unexpected one.

Ruby was 4th Highest in Trial. For anyone who competes around these parts, that is a pretty big accomplishment.

Anyways, I tend to go on and on. But really the only thing I wanted to say is that I was really proud of my 'pretty girl' today. I guess Susan is right, she may have more then two brain cells clanging around in the big old nog. I guess that Caleb and Susan are NOT our lucky charms, cause when they watch, we screw up!

There was a show photographer, and pictures were free. So we got one.

This is my Ruby, I love her more and more every day.

There was a beautiful mill about three blocks from the show site, so we had to stop and get a few pictures.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: My beautiful girlie...

Congratulations!! I could feel your excitement and was getting chills!!! ;D
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

patm is offline Senior Member

I am so very happy for you guys! What a beautiful day. Love that last pic of her by the mill.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

henrysmom is offline Senior Member

WAY TO GO, MELISSA AND RUBY!!!!! ;D

Yes!!!! ;D
    Gorsebrook Jackson Triggs, CD, RN, WC, CGN<br />Kelrobin A Twist of Fate<br /><br />

imported_gabbys mom is offline Senior Member

way to go!
    <br />U-CD Of Love and Other Demons, CD, RE, CGC (Gabby)<br />Maverick<br />Saint Louis

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Thanks guys, we are off again today.

On another note, I told someone we had finished our title on Friday, and they got mad with us, and said that we should bump her to Novice B. But I thought I had 60 days to compete in A, my initial intention was to see how many dogs defeated points she could rack up. I didn't think that there was anything wrong with it (and I like the ribbons we wouldn't get any in B with 40 dogs in her class) but if I am insulting anyone, PLEASE let me know.

lcspt is offline Senior Member

You are allowed to compete in Novice A for 60 days and have every right to do so!! Don't let anyone rain on your parade and celelbrations with Ruby.
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

Dakkerdog is offline Senior Member

Congratulations! I just loved the mill pictures - they are beautiful just like Ruby!
    Sharon, loved by Moose & Sky

rottnlabs is offline Senior Member

Oh my gosh! I almost cried just reading. A 197!!!! That is so awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by lcspt
    You are allowed to compete in Novice A for 60 days and have every right to do so!! Don't let anyone rain on your parade and celelbrations with Ruby.
    I agree absolutely! Stay right where you are and go for Front and Finish awards.
    <br /><br />Lydia, Murray &amp; Essy in AZ<br /><br />Clear Creek&#39;s Mad About You CDX RE NJP OAP OFP ASCA CDX GSN RSN NGC TGO TNO OAC NJC HPN PS1 JHE<br /><br />Larkspur&#39;s Essence RE NAC TNN JHE

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Awesome job. Your Ruby is super sweet. I love all the pictures!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast