Our First MACH Points!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our First MACH Points!!!

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

TalkingOur First MACH Points!!!

We Finally did it we got our very first MACH points todayA total of 9 in Standard. We only need 741 more and 20 double Q's..lol We are still in Exc A Jumpers but we did get 1 leg there yesterday. Its weird its like it is just starting to fall into place for us. She can hold a start line stay finally in a sit position. She can hit her contacts fairly well. We still need to work on things like finding angled weave entry's on her own and doing 270's with out me going in the pockect, but we are getting there. It makes me feel good that Amber can run agility after her elbow injury that put her out for over 10 months. One other thing that has helped our runs is that I have lost over 30 lbs in the last couple of months so I can run a little faster now.
    Any way thanks for letting me brag on Amber.

Kelly and Amber
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

wooooooohooooooooo.....congrats..that is quite an accomplishment..One day we hope to be there too..

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I have a question. I thought you had to have both your Excellent Standard and Excellent Jumpers titles BEFORE beginning to gather points for MACH? Am I wrong?

Not to rain on your parade, just seriously confused.

In either case, congrats on your great run!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

debjen is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 3TailsWaggin View Post
    I have a question. I thought you had to have both your Excellent Standard and Excellent Jumpers titles BEFORE beginning to gather points for MACH? Am I wrong?

Not to rain on your parade, just seriously confused.

In either case, congrats on your great run!!
    You can start earning MACH points as soon as you enter the a B class..

From AKC

A dog does not have to obtain the Master Excellent
    title (MX) or the Master Excellent Jumpers With
    Weaves title (MXJ) prior to achieving scores that will
    count towards their Master Agility Championship title
    (MACH). A dog need not be in both “B” classes in order
    to start accruing CP’s. Any score of 100 (clear round)
    obtained in the Excellent B classes will count towards
    both the dog’s Championship requirements, and the
    dog’s MX titling requirements.

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

Wonderful!
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Cool, so I should run Ruger in the B classes instead of A?

He can't get a MACH, but could get the Preferred equivalent?

Okay, so if I'm reading this correctly, you DO have your Standard Excellent title? Correct. Otherwise none of this makes sense to me.
    Because you do have to have that in order to move to the B class and compete for MACH points.

Gah! This is all so confusing

From the rules...

Master Agility Excellent “B” Class. Open only to dogs
    that have acquired the Agility Excellent title, and to dogs
    that have acquired the Master Agility Excellent title.
    Master Excellent Jumpers With Weaves “B” Class. Open
    only to dogs that have acquired the Excellent JWW title
    and to dogs that have acquired the Master Excellent
    JWW title.
    Whenever the Excellent classes are offered both
    Divisions “A” and “B” must be offered.

patm is offline Senior Member

Well, I always totally confused by the scoring in Agility - but a Big Congrats to you guys anyways!!!!

Amber The Duck Dawg is offline Senior Member

Ok in Agility you only have one Novice A dog just like obedience...the similarities end there. there is only one open class no A or B. Once you get your open title you must move to Excellent A and then get 3 Q's to get your Agility Excellent title(AX) or AXJ for jumpers. Once you move into Excellent B you need 10 Q's to get your Master Agility Excellent (MX) or MXJ for jumpers. The MACH (Master Agility CHampionship) requires 750 points (you get 1 point for each WHOLE second you are under the standard course time) that come from either the Excellent B Standard or Excellent B Jumpers. You do not have to be in both classes to start getting points. In addition to the 750 points you also need 20 Double Q's (QQ's). Double Q's are when you Qualify in both Standard Excellent B and Jumpers Excellent B on the same day you would get 1 double Q.
    Now all the above holds true if you run in a class called Prefered, you need the same number of legs to get the same titles but the Prefered titles all have a P in them (AXP,MXP, etc.) The only exception is that you cannot get a MACH "Championship" in Prefered but you can get a PAX "Title" A PAX requires no points but still requires 20 double Q's.

Amber has her AX in standard and 1 of the 10 legs needed for a MX. She was 9 seconds under course time on her one leg so she recieved 9 "MACH" points. She also has her OAJ (Open Agility Jumpers) title and 1 of the 3 legs needed for her AXJ. She doesn't have any doubel Q's because we aren't in Excellent B jumpers yet. Once she completes her AXJ I can move her to Excellent B Jumpers and she will be able to eaern points in Jumpers and we will get double Q's if we qualify in both Standard and Jumpers on the same day.

Hopefully this has made it slightly clearer. I know this is very confusing with all the different classes and initials.

Kelly and Amber (who does not care about either points or Q's only running and having fun!!)
    Light, "weedy" individuals are definitely incorrect; equally objectionable are cloddy lumbering specimens. Labrador Retrievers shall be shown in working condition well-muscled and without excess fat. Females should weigh between 55 and 70lbs and Males between 65 and 80lbs. Height females 21.5 to 23.5 inches males 22.5 to 24.5 inches at the withers.

Kelly
    HR Greenwoods Sealion Tsunami SH "Wave" born 3-9-2010
    Greenwoods Amber Wave VCD2 RA SH AX OF WCX CGC "Amber" born 4-13-2005
    Chino Ca

Cool. None of my current dogs will ever be at that level. I am hopeful Ruger will get an Excellent title, but he's not getting any younger and we only get to a few trials a year

Time and Money are my biggest drawbacks to this dog showing stuff. Folks I know that are putting MACH's on their dogs show almost every weekend. No way can I afford that. Scraping up the couple of hundred $$$ extra for the shows I can get to is hard.

But yes, you've made it much clearer for me. Thanks for the detailed explanation and keep up the great runs!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast