A little bit "too much" attention! (pics added)

Thread: A little bit "too much" attention! (pics added)

patm is offline Senior Member

DefaultA little bit "too much" attention! (pics added)

I have worked really hard with Emilu and "attention" She is very treat oriented and we worked and worked to get her to look at me instead of the treat. I think she has it down now. Unfortunatley it worked against me today. SU's uncle, who is an artist, offered to paint a pic of the dogs last year. At Christmas he sent us a card, asking for the pics again. So today I finally got my act somewhat together and tried to get some nice pics cropped to sent to him (he asked for an 8X10 sent to him). I had one of both of them, and one of Skippy, but couldn't really find one of EMilu that I liked. So I decided to take some pics of her on the porch. She is very photogenic and loves to "pose" Trouble was, I wanted her to kinda look off away from me (so she would match Skippys pose) and not look right at me. I was taking them alone, so was holding a treat out to my side and trying to get her to look at it. NO WAY! She would glance at the treat, then right back at me. I kept trying different things and she kept looking at me. I'm sure she thought "she's trying to trick me - I know this one - I'm suppposed to look at HER!" Then the ears sent down a little because she knew I wanted something other than what she was doing. I got a few shots that were usable, so hopefully I'll have some nice painted pics of the dogs in a few months.

I didn't put the pic in because I actually don't like it that well, but here it is. I also put Skippys in.

I really want him to use this pic

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ObedienceLabs4Me is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A little bit "too much" attention!

Too cute, but oh so true!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you did finally get a good one of her.
    Susan
    UCDX GRCH Dunn's Marsh Caleb of Waltona UDX3, OM3, RAE Canadian UD, RE
    FallRiver's Micah of Waltona GN RAE, Canadian CD, RN

www.labmed.org

Quote Originally Posted by patm
    I'm sure she thought "she's trying to trick me - I know this one - I'm suppposed to look at HER!"
    AHAHA! I know that look well.

So where are the pictures? We want to see.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

Leaves. You need some leaves, on the twig, twirl it around, better if the leaves are dried so you can crinkle them too. I use leaves and branches a LOT in my photo taking

Good girl Emilu. You've learned your attention lesson well ;D

patm is offline Senior Member

I'll remember the leaves the next time. I think I have her confused now. I had a small treat and held it up and she looked right at it - couldn't get her to look at me. Hopefully she'll forget about today in a few days. Of course it it's something I want her to forget, she'll remember it forever :-\ You don't fool her twice!